TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
If you are being harassed then you should complain.

If they really won't stop you might be able to claim compensation.

I'm guessing that ignoring them won't help you to get cash out of them.
I would cooperate within reason but if they keep hassling you might get some cash.
By chasing people who don't need a license they are wasting money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...viewers-harassed-by-licence-fee-officers.html
Since installing security cameras they have backed off and at the moment all I get are the monthly junk letters. If they go back to being as bad as they got in 2016 I will be making a complaint and push for compensation.

Caporegime
It has.

Has it not occurred to you that the post was obviously aimed at those who openly require one but refuse to get one?

It had, but the post lacked clarity thus the question. Especially as it quoted no one in particular and came immediately after my post.

I'd assume that very few people on here are trying to be rebellious for the sake of it and don't pay for a TV license despite needing one - most(if not all) of the posts are from people who simply don't require a TV license, thus it isn't very clear now who you were directing your previous comments at.

Soldato
It had, but the post lacked clarity thus the question. Especially as it quoted no one in particular and came immediately after my post.

I'd assume that very few people on here are trying to be rebellious for the sake of it and don't pay for a TV license despite needing one - most(if not all) of the posts are from people who simply don't require a TV license, thus it isn't very clear now who you were directing your previous comments at.

Well it would make absolutely no sense at all to ask that question of people who don't need one so I figured it was clear enough.

It was also posted off the back of a chain of posts where someone said 'nah' to the suggestion that you should buy one if you need one.

In future I'll try to spell it out a bit more though.

Caporegime
Because I didn't expect anyone to have difficulties understanding what I thought was a fairly obvious point.

But the point doesn't seem to apply to anyone in this thread... aside from maybe one person - who you don't seem to be able to quote. It isn't really much of a point - as already explained the comments in this thread seem to be from people who simply don't need a TV license.

Caporegime
Not really - you've clearly not read or understood my post properly - I don't have any need for a license so your comments don't apply.

Caporegime
Perhaps don't go making accusations towards people that clearly don't apply if you'd bothered to read the thread properly.

Caporegime
See above

See what - you're making no sense at all, you think it is tedious when it was lazy posting by yourself in the first place

Has it not occurred to you that the post was obviously aimed at those who openly require one but refuse to get one?

so doesn't apply to me nor arctine yet in your more recent post you're quoting both of us, which is utter nonsense

it is pretty lazy to just have pointless rant at no one in particular - yet when called out on it it seems your post here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30464840&postcount=1090 doesn't actually apply

Last edited:
Soldato
See what - you're making no sense at all, you think it is tedious when it was lazy posting by yourself in the first place

so doesn't apply to me yet in your more recent post you're quoting me, which is utter nonsense

Would you like me to spell it out?

Basher said if you watch TV you'll need a licence.

arctine replied saying 'nah'

Basher said it couldn't be any simpler.

you replied to that saying it could, you could just ignore them.

That chain of interaction prompted me to post about why people try to avoid paying it, aimed at no one in particular.

If you're still struggling, I give up.

Soldato
Because i was quoting a sequence of posts that were quoting each other, again, something I thought was obvious.

Yeah but what's your point? I was saying 'nah' to telling them he doesn't want to watch TV.....Something that is clear if you read everything properly.

Caporegime
That chain of interaction prompted me to post about why people try to avoid paying it, aimed at no one in particular.

If you're still struggling, I give up.

perhaps just stick to what has actually been posted rather than creating straw man-esq arguments then aimed at 'no one in particular'

your post had no relevance to the people in the chain, it does seem that you simply didn't read what had been posted

Soldato
I don't think I even care what my point is anymore, it was just an open question prompted by a few posts that had been made shortly before.

For some reason apparantly because I didn't directly quote specifically someone who had explicitly said they avoid the licence I shouldn't have asked this question and subsequently got hounded to explain myself.

Caporegime
For some reason apparantly because I didn't directly quote specifically someone who had explicitly said they avoid the licence I shouldn't have asked this question and subsequently got hounded to explain myself.

What is so hard about quoting the people/person you're referring to? Even when prompted to do so on the previous page you still managed to quote people it doesn't apply to. It really isn't difficult.

Back
Top Bottom