***TWO VERY SPECIAL MONITORS: HAZRO HZ27 Series!**

Soldato
Well, it is MY hard earned money and at ~£530, the 'A' model is hardly cheap. And I for one do notice the duff pixels and dust.

Just because it is ~£150 cheaper than the Dell does not mean we can excuse mistakes that really could have been avoided (dust!).

It's also worth noting that Dell U2711H was close to the price of Hazro HZ27WA not so long ago.

Associate
have you tried playing any HDCP protected content at all? just wondering whether the software is just reporting it wrong and it does actually work?

Sorry I don't have any BluRay movies or something like that to try and see if HDCP is working.

I did try some 720p and 1080p movies out on the screen but they where in MKV file format which I think bypasses the HDCP protection anyways.

Like I said, it seems as though the NVIDIA driver software or windows does not seem to recognise this screen properly as the change resolution option
in the NVIDIA Control Panel is completely empty and the scaling options in the NVIDIA Control Panel don't work at all ether meaning I can't put the screen
on any othere resolution than the default 2560x1440 or I just get a small screen with big black borders all the way round.

Also Windows and the NVIDIA driver software seems to be picking this screen up as a SyncMaster.

I`m just wondering if there is anyone else that uses NVIDIA Graphics Card and experiencing the same problems.

I'm beginning to wish I didn't go for this screen as the screen is completely useless if HDCP is not working, nether software scaling.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm beginning to wish I didn't go for this screen as the screen is completely useless if HDCP is not working, nether software scaling.

not sure i follow you there....if you dont have any Blu-ray movies or any means of testing HDCP support, how would a lack of it be a problem to you? surely it doesnt matter if you dont have anything which would require it, and thats even assuming it didnt support it, which we think it does :)

Limitations of scaling arent related to the screen there, more the output resolutions / drivers of the graphics card. i dont think Windows should be picking it up as a SyncMaster as thats a Samsung range monitor. assume you used to have a Samsung? maybe worth trying to uninstall that driver and let windows detect it as a plug and play monitor as a start. you could try and program like PowerStrip too perhaps to initiate some different resolutions and scaling options. certainly sounds like its the graphics card which is doing some form of 1:1 pixel mapping option if it's putting lower resolutions within a black border too.

Associate
not sure i follow you there....if you dont have any Blu-ray movies or any means of testing HDCP support, how would a lack of it be a problem to you? surely it doesnt matter if you dont have anything which would require it, and thats even assuming it didnt support it, which we think it does :)

Limitations of scaling arent related to the screen there, more the output resolutions / drivers of the graphics card. i dont think Windows should be picking it up as a SyncMaster as thats a Samsung range monitor. assume you used to have a Samsung? maybe worth trying to uninstall that driver and let windows detect it as a plug and play monitor as a start. you could try and program like PowerStrip too perhaps to initiate some different resolutions and scaling options. certainly sounds like its the graphics card which is doing some form of 1:1 pixel mapping option if it's putting lower resolutions within a black border too.

Well I have just tested the screen on a different setup but with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Card and i'm also getting the same problems on this machine as well, so either its a windows and NVIDIA problem or or like I said the screen is faulty.

I can`t test to see whether it is a NVIDIA problem as I don't have a ATI Card for test.

I just don't know what to do now?

are you using the dvi cable that came with the Hazro or one left over? also try connecting it to the other dvi port on the gpu.

I`m using the dvi cable that came with the Hazro and I have already tried connecting it to the other dvi port of the GPUs.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have no problems changing resolution, one of the last pages in the manual states what resolution outputs are possible on the monitor.

I'm not sure about the HDCP though.

Associate
Here are some screens showing the problems.

Windows is using the Generic PnP Monitor driver in Windows 7 Device Manager because I checked but windows and the
NVIDIA software is still picking this screen up as a SyncMaster.

I have never had a Samsung range monitor so it can't be because of Samsung drivers still being loaded.

rmtiqd.jpg

2qnqmaa.jpg

ixsg12.jpg

2mnhl3c.jpg

As you can see, there are some options in the NVIDIA Control Panel I can't use.

I gave the NVIDIA Control Panel scaling options another try and it did work this time but on reboot, sometimes this option goes back to Do not scale.

Soldato
driver cleaner the drivers away and remove all the old samsung drivers then reinstall the nvidia drivers?

If it is seeing it as syncmaster it sounds like a problem with the switch of monitors.

Associate
driver cleaner the drivers away and remove all the old samsung drivers then reinstall the nvidia drivers?

If it is seeing it as syncmaster it sounds like a problem with the switch of monitors.

It's not a problem with the the switch of monitors because on the other system I tried the screen out on, I did a fresh install of windows.

Associate
I have just plugged back in in my old HP ZR24w screen I was using before I bought and started using the HAZRO in again for test and this screen is working perfectly, so it's not my computers at fault.

Associate
anyone tried 'CyberLink BD & 3D Advisor', i noticed it saying syncmaster too but being as i upgraded from the syncmaster 244t didn't think much of it.

Associate
I gave PowerStrip 3.89.672 a go to see what information this program could give me on my screen and here are the results it gave me.

I told the program to read directly to the screens EDID and also directly from the windows registry.

2njxzcw.jpg

2rh3501.jpg

Maybe mine is using some kind of weird panel and is the reason why windows is not recognizing the screen proprly and the proper screen functions like HDCP etc?

Last edited:
Associate
Is there anyone else with a Hazro HZ27WC and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX Card noticing that windows and the NVIDIA software is picking this screen up as a SyncMaster even with a reinstall of windows and that the NVIDIA software
and also CyberLink Advisor is showing the screen is not supporting HDCP and some of the NVIDIA Control Panel options don't work with the screen?

Please respond.

If I can't get these problems resolved then i`m gonna try and send OcUK a webnote to see what they can do and mabey see if they can arrange someone to pick up the screen for testing
RMA for possible replacement or arrange a total refund of my money.

Thank You!

Last edited:
Associate
You are not alone as mine does exactly same thing.

For me not an issue as only using screen for photo editing but would appreciate an update to the syncmaster problem as nvidia control panel now usless.

Never had a samsung either....

Associate
There is definitely some kind of problem with windows with this screen and possibly a NVIDIA Card problem as well although i`m not sure about ATI users having the same problems.

Because of the problems i`m having, scaling in the NVIDIA drivers sometimes doesn't work so i'm basically stuck on this screens negitive resolution because if I put the screen on
any othere resolution than the default 2560x1440, I just get a small screen with big massive black borders all the way round.

Also I don't think HDCP is working ether and this will screw me up from running BluRay movie discs, HDCP protection content on the PC.

I can't create my own custom screen resolutions in windows ether because the change resolution option in the NVIDIA Control Panel is completely empty probably because the
NVIDIA software and windows does not recognize the screen properly.

I might wait a couple of days to see if any feedback posts get posted on these problems and to see if HAZRO responds to the problems before I contact OcUK to arrange a refund.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because of the problems i`m having, scaling in the NVIDIA drivers sometimes doesn't work so i'm basically stuck on this screens negitive resolution because if I put the screen on
any othere resolution than the default 2560x1440, I just get a small screen with big massive black borders all the way round.

What you're describing here is 1:1 pixel mapping and I was sure that HZ27WC doesn't support it meaning that it's most likely forced by the drivers.

My graphics card doesn't force anything like it so it doesn't seem to be a common problem but rather hardware specific.

As I said earlier, I can't comment on HDCP. I've gone briefly through the manual but couldn't find anything on it. It is likely that HZ27WC doesn't support HDCP as it doesn't have HDMI port either. Are you planning on watching BlueRay movies? You could always rip them in mkv beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom