***TWO VERY SPECIAL MONITORS: HAZRO HZ27 Series!**

Associate
Didnt like to post on the problem thread, however received my monitor today and have to say am absolutely thrilled.

No dust, damage, or hot or cold pixels just a fantastic monitor.

Very good service .

Associate
Got mine today as well, I do like it but mine has 4 hot pixels in a group a bunch of dead ones and some dirt behind the glass (or it could be grey pixels?) so its going back :(

Associate
Mine arrived about an hour ago...good ole DPD ;)

Fortunately I have no discernable dust issues (yet) I thought I'd share my plan to keep it that way - I'm going to cover the glass edge with some scotch tape - will be imperceptible in normal use and should prevent any ingress of dust later, If it turns out removing the glass for a clean doesn't void the warranty then this could be a nice cheap solution for those of you affected by this.

I do have some pixel faults but these are only apparent under close scrutiny, the're not apparent in PS + LR as far as I can tell so far.

Put simply a stunning monitor but given some of the issues perhaps not quite as described "these monitors are ideal for creative professionals and gamers who demand nothing but the very best." ;)

Associate
You could look at it that way or you could see it as a bit of harmless preventative maintenance and sharing a tip with those with less well fitting glass who can live with the monitor they have and just want to make the best of a bargain. :p

Associate
You pay less and you get poorer quality (generally).

Simples.

Your statement is wrong. You do get poorer quality YES, like cheaper plastics and lower image quality but you will find that quality control and a dust free environment make there way into BenQ, Iiyama and Hanns.G's manufacture.

Associate
You pay less and you get poorer quality (generally).

Simples.
Not!

This is just justifying the blemishes after the fact which none of us expected before the fact.

I understand some want to feel better about their purchases but that still does not validate Hazro in what they pitched and what they eventually delivered.

There are still others who are considering these monitors based on Hazro's response and actions to save face - something which they have not yet done but still easily can do.

Caporegime
Your statement is wrong. You do get poorer quality YES, like cheaper plastics and lower image quality but you will find that quality control and a dust free environment make there way into BenQ, Iiyama and Hanns.G's manufacture.

Not!

This is just justifying the blemishes after the fact which none of us expected before the fact.

I understand some want to feel better about their purchases but that still does not validate Hazro in what they pitched and what they eventually delivered.

There are still others who are considering these monitors based on Hazro's response and actions to save face - something which they have not yet done but still easily can do.

So how am I wrong?

Poorer build quality is poorer quality.

Soldato
Can you only see the dust when a white background is set? i can't turn mine on yet as i have no power adaptor until monday :p i've been inspecting it closely though and i can't see any problems with it externally or dust under the glass with it off

Associate
So how am I wrong?

Poorer build quality is poorer quality.
Did any of us willing to spend 400 pounds expect a poor build quality because it costs half that of a Dell? Less features, yes, but not poor build or QC.

For the C-model I factored lower cost to be due to:
  • lack of several input options
  • lack of fancy memory slots and USB ports
  • possibly cheaper panel due to lack of anti-glare coating
  • lack of fully adjustable stand
  • lack of scaler
  • lack of OSD
  • lack of wide gamut
  • lack of special warranty

But for what the monitor DOES have - and that is the minimalism I am excited about - I fully expect the materials, the build, and the quality control to be good. Period.

OCP

OCP

Associate
Did any of us willing to spend 400 pounds expect a poor build quality because it costs half that of a Dell? Less features, yes, but not poor build or QC.

For the C-model I factored lower cost to be due to:
  • lack of several input options
  • lack of fancy memory slots and USB ports
  • possibly cheaper panel due to lack of anti-glare coating
  • lack of fully adjustable stand
  • lack of scaler
  • lack of OSD
  • lack of wide gamut
  • lack of special warranty

But for what the monitor DOES have - and that is the minimalism I am excited about - I fully expect the materials, the build, and the quality control to be good. Period.

Well said, you get what you paid for and it should be just like the perfect Dell u2711 im siting infront of, minus the stuff above and plus a glossy screen. For a cheap IPS monitor that people paid over 400 for, they should get a near perfect screen.

For an extra 250 quid, you get all of above which includes the ultimate 3 year warranty and no dead pixel policy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom