Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
It's a nutter-jap hatchback that's just a normal petrol hatchback off cam with the FN2's extra weight it's turning into more of a GT car, since you do mental miles commuting I'd wager you'll hate it and you'd prefer a 'stick it in a gear and lets go' car like the ST

Most of my commute is now dual carriage way id say as much as 37 of the 41 miles are. Not having lived with a vTec i appreciate your input. Back to the drawing board i think.

Caporegime
Most of my commute is now dual carriage way id say as much as 37 of the 41 miles are. Not having lived with a vTec i appreciate your input. Back to the drawing board i think.

Well I'd still suggest a test drive, you might like it. Civic's are great cars, not many people disagree with the FN2's quality's but getting the most from it isn't for everyone.
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...:+Tell+me+I'm+wrong:+Honda+Civic+Type+R+(EP3) Good / bad arguments in there, albeit about the older version but they share a lot of traits.

Caporegime
Cool, you still got yours Simon? I thought you were considering a Z4 or something.

Yeah still got it, nearly had it 6yrs now. Hit 140k miles this week.

Z4 was just a 4 day test drive, was a nice car but not worth 45k over what I have now. I plan to get another car once I clear my student loan.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i'm wondering if prices will shoot back up when it gets a bit warmer.

that happened last year.

iirc PH did an article around this time last year on getting a S2K for £5k

as soon as that dd the rounds on the internet a bit and the sun came out, prices of s2ks went up loads.

Soldato
i'm wondering if prices will shoot back up when it gets a bit warmer. Also what's the deal with rust on the rear arches, is this common or just on the tatty ones?

The rear arches have rubber slip on covers that hold water and make the arches rot. Happens to any car that hasn't had them regularly removed and cleaned.. so er, nearly every car.

Your biggest, most hugest issue, is suspension bushes. Seized ones are going to be stupidly common at this end of the market. However, put 1k to one side for the repair on that, circa 450 quid for 4 new Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's, and you'll be doing ok... Dampers might want a refresh though at 110k.

I knew you'd get an S2k eventually having been out in mine at cadwell :D

Associate
Here is mine for all to see :)
car003.jpg

car006.jpg

car005.jpg

Caporegime
Well, I've had my fair share of VTEC-y0 by now;

Accord Type-R
JDM DC2 Integra (modded to hell and back)
Honda S2000 x 2
Civic EP3 (current car)
And possible next one is a Supercharged EP3 :cool: Although I must admit, a DC5 is v v tempting...

Most enjoyable for me? The 04 S2k I had, very neutral handler in comparison to my twitchy as **** 99 version (which I wrote off!) :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I knew you'd get an S2k eventually having been out in mine at cadwell :D

Yes, going sideways towards a tyre wall was definitely what made me want a 2000:p;) I still hate the open top "everyone look at me" thing, but I love how they look, especially the GT with the hardtop.

Such a shame about the rear arches, I thought Honda would have learnt by now. Those strips did exactly the same damage on my old MB6.

Caporegime
I think Yellow was available from 2003 onwards facelift and the White for 2009 in the UKDM

oh and rust, yes, just gives it that Honda authenticity. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom