Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
loving this thread!!! seriously want an s2000 and put some nice white rims on it ;) loving that K20'd supercharged elise. well epic.

edit: any vids of it accelerating etc? would be interesting.

Associate
/edit. Damn I really miss is, every time I look at the pics I regret ever selling it.

Of all the cars I've had and sold, the ITR is the only one I've ever wanted to get back into desperately. It was time to sell when I ended up getting rid of mine as it was at the point where it would need refreshing, and the fact someone kept slashing it's tyres in work :rolleyes: .

Not sure why, be it the memories of the car, or my young age when I had it, but the S2000 isn't even making a impression that the ITR made. The feeling of getting in the car, sitting in the recaros and going for a drive isn't the same in the S2000, and the ITR still had more looks and comments, even when it's roof down in the snow :p .

Maybe the three weeks driving around Europe in the S2k will help it in the memories department.

Associate
Of all the cars I've had and sold, the ITR is the only one I've ever wanted to get back into desperately. It was time to sell when I ended up getting rid of mine as it was at the point where it would need refreshing, and the fact someone kept slashing it's tyres in work :rolleyes: .

Not sure why, be it the memories of the car, or my young age when I had it, but the S2000 isn't even making a impression that the ITR made. The feeling of getting in the car, sitting in the recaros and going for a drive isn't the same in the S2000, and the ITR still had more looks and comments, even when it's roof down in the snow :p .

Maybe the three weeks driving around Europe in the S2k will help it in the memories department.

I feel the exact same way about my 350z, it's a great car but I don’t love it the way I loved the ITR. I'm literally itching to get another now, it made me grin from ear to ear, that feeling as the changeover hits, the kick, the noise....ooooh. I remember on my commute home from my old job I’d always pass this bus stop that was on a slip road that joined a dual carriageway, I’d come off the roundabout and floor it, flying past the bus stop. The bus stop regulars used to give me thumbs up and I even got a cheer on occasion, it must have sounded awesome hearing it at full chat. BUS W******! :p

The 350z will be up for sale in around 6 months and I may look into another but I know it just wont be the same, maybe it's best left an awesome memory.

Associate
I had a '96 spec DC2... only mod was a Mugen Twinloop exhaust system (catback). It sounded amazing! I miss the DC2 a lot, especially the twinloop noise.

I've got a GTFour Celica now which is a hoot too, but doesn't feel as intense to drive as the DC2. Both great cars in different ways.

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Soldato
*Sigh* I miss my Civic.

As I said to Freefaller when we went out for a spin last, problem is with what I've moved onto, is that the car is almost too quick to enjoy sometimes, simply because on B roads, you are constantly catching up to traffic, even if you overtake a lot.

Pretty much planned my next car, but theres a possibility I may be forced into Honda ownership when I move.

Soldato
hmm considering swapping my clio 182 for an S2000, really missing Honda:(

Always said I'd never have an S2000 too, never been keen on the whole convertible/everyone look at me thing but the engine is awesome.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Cosmic Grey definitely grown on me, probably the rarest colour, apart from white in the uk :)

cosmic grey is a brilliant colour. I am only looking at cars in that colour at the moment. you are spot on though, they are the hardest to find but arguably the best colour [probably because they hide the dirt better than nighthawk black :p]

Back
Top Bottom