Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
My FN2 is having a single exit Martelius cat back fitted tomorrow and the callipers painted black. I've also got some 350mm powerslot front discs on order and a Flash Pro. Remap will be done by Eurospec 2000 or TDI North depending on a few things.
Not changing anything else until supercharger time.

Associate
One of the lads on MilanoChris's forum had a supercharger on his FN2. He took it back off after about 2 months. Didn't like it.
Could be worth asking about for a go in one that's been charged before you spend you hard earned on it?

Caporegime
hmm considering swapping my clio 182 for an S2000, really missing Honda:(

Always said I'd never have an S2000 too, never been keen on the whole convertible/everyone look at me thing but the engine is awesome.

you're a brave man: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3527937.htm

What are your opinions on the newer shape Type R GT? Thinking of replacing the ST with one.

Nice place to be, but it's different to your 330i and ST, you have to rev the nuts off it to get it going, i'd try and do an extended test drive

Caporegime
That was my one concern, looks,build,reliability are all there.

It's a nutter-jap hatchback that's just a normal petrol hatchback off cam with the FN2's extra weight it's turning into more of a GT car, since you do mental miles commuting I'd wager you'll hate it and you'd prefer a 'stick it in a gear and lets go' car like the ST

Didn't Vicki Butler-Henderson used to own an S2000? Wonder if that was hers with the VBH No plate :)

I think she had a facelift in baby blue :o

Soldato
One of the lads on MilanoChris's forum had a supercharger on his FN2. He took it back off after about 2 months. Didn't like it.
Could be worth asking about for a go in one that's been charged before you spend you hard earned on it?

I appreciate what you're saying but unless the car also had the same mods and FRS setup as mine then it wouldn't really be a fair test. Think it's one of those things I'll have to live and learn from :)

Soldato
I appreciate what you're saying but unless the car also had the same mods and FRS setup as mine then it wouldn't really be a fair test. Think it's one of those things I'll have to live and learn from :)

How are you getting on with your FN2 Noxia? I'm looking at buying one in the next couple of months.

I need to figure out whether every one who says the FN2 is **** ... Is really telling the truth or not ;)

Soldato
How are you getting on with your FN2 Noxia? I'm looking at buying one in the next couple of months.

I need to figure out whether every one who says the FN2 is **** ... Is really telling the truth or not ;)

Only car I've ever cared to look after, but bear in mind I've only been driving 7 years and had one car in between this and my first.
I think it's a great balance of performance and practicality. Got a nice big boot, enough mod cons to get me by (AC/CC etc) and I love how it looks. It's the only hatch that really interested me, I wouldn't ever consider a Ford and I see too many of the others VXR/Golf around to want one either.
I'm not really a petrol head so I can't comment too much on how it feels etc but most people who say it's rubbish are EP3 owners who haven't actually ever driven both :rolleyes:
That said, I wouldn't care what people thought of it as I wouldn't have made a different choice. With a few tweaks it will be immense I think, FRS is one of, if not the best mod I can recommend and the custom map will increase the mid range by a good amount.
Obviously being an NA you don't get big bhp gains without spending a lot but if I was purely after bhp I wouldn't have got a civic, I would have got a point and shoot turbo car like a Mazda 3 MPS or VXR etc. It's all about the mid range for me.
The standard ride is really hard, so if you got loose fillings I'd get them sorted before driving one. If you do a lot of motorway miles the economy might put you off but I think it's a great balance/compromise of a lot of things. Oh, rear visibility sucks too, smallest window ever and spoiler in the way.
If you get the chance for a test drive I'd strongly recommend it, I don't even like driving that much but I always look forward to my journey to/from work with this one :)

Back
Top Bottom