Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Well they can't go over 30MPH in the channel islands so I guess that makes insurance a hell of a lot cheaper.

Wrong, differs per island.

You should see the sate of many drivers here, it's shocking. At least someone every week putting thier car on it's roof. No MOT or any kind of regular vehicular checks either.

Associate
I'd be driving an EP3 again if it wasn't for the insurance. Modified MX5 = £1000, EP3 = ~£2000, ST220 = ~£1000

DR20 doesn't help matters, but I'm 27 with 5 years NCD in a "B" grade postcode (BB).

The EP3 insurance has gone up due to the age of most people buying them and the large proportion of said drivers ending up in walls/fields.

FN2's are cheaper to insure than EP3s currently, my FN2 is running ~ 320bhp (supercharged) and is cheaper to insure than a lot of cars I wouldn't have expected which is surprising! (Its up for sale so been looking at other cars as we are downsizing to one car :()

Soldato
Guernsey is 25mph around built up areas and schools, and 35mph everywhere else ;) :p

edit: i lie, route tranquille lanes are unofficially 15mph.

You are also forced to drive on pavements due to the road widths which is pretty damn messed up if you ask me!

I had to haul a LWB transit around Gsy for a week and played pedestrian slalom more times than I care to recall :D

Soldato
You are also forced to drive on pavements due to the road widths which is pretty damn messed up if you ask me!

I had to haul a LWB transit around Gsy for a week and played pedestrian slalom more times than I care to recall :D

tell me about it! my front left alloy is ruined as it was an ex demo car, they must have just ramped the thing onto the pavement at speed :rolleyes:

normally, id slow to a stop, mount the pavement, creep past the large vehicle or lorry, stop, then dismount. total PITA though.

jerseys roads are so much better to drive on, agreed :p

Don
dc5wheel.jpg

derp derp

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
:eek:

I don't always drive on three wheels

[awaits Muffin's inevitable comment on how the handling of an Integra allows for godlike three wheeled driving...]

Don
I don't think that's a DC5 either, just pimped to look like one (Or the Acura NSX or whatever the silly Americans call it). It has a sunroof, no badges and no big red brake calipers.

Back
Top Bottom