Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
It's extra weight!!!!!

says the bloke putting in new speakers, an amp and some door deadening

What bits are you going for? The Sound deadning going in the doors or are you kitting out the whole car with it? It's next on my list after hearing Howards at the RR mine is just pish, the wirings already there for everything as it's just been ripped out pre sale :rolleyes:

Caporegime
The Civic would be mine but she said if we got a Mini she'd sell her car and go halves :)

So you'd just have the Mini? If that's good for you then it lowers your ownership costs and you still have a great car for thrashing when she isn't there or she's foolishly given you the keys when you 'accidentally' come across open road :cool:

Soldato
Both good cars, just ones less gay :o

But you don't have ABS so it's a good draw :D

What bits are you going for? The Sound deadning going in the doors or are you kitting out the whole car with it? It's next on my list after hearing Howards at the RR mine is just pish, the wirings already there for everything as it's just been ripped out pre sale :rolleyes:

Most of it came from CAD (great site btw).

Their own brand of stuff in a bulk pack for around £45 and much better value than dynamat. Something like 2.5 sq/m for that price. It will be enough for the rear of the outer door panel, the internal structural metalwork and the rear of the door card. I should also have some spare for the firewall to reduce the vibrations and transmition of the tappety engine sound when driving around in traffic/town.

All the kit, wiring, HU, speakers and amp are at home ready to go in. Back on dry land today so I'll have lieu days next week to get on with the build. I'll add a much needed update on my build thread.

Associate
Had one of my regular customers in today, he's big into his classic mini's, but not keeping them standard. He has a wide body 1380 turbo and a standard ish looking B16A2 engined one. Well he's told me that engine is now coming out, he has a new one to put in.
He got a hold of a DC2 that was rolled at a track day, it's got some mods, including a hondata ecu. So that on its own is going to be mental enough right? Well not for him, he's also going to turbo it.
Can't wait till he gets started on it, been invited up to his workshop next month when he plans to start working on it. Will have to take some pics or a vid or something to put on here!

Soldato
in which case - surely then a higher geared 6th would be better ?

I say a very definite YES to that. 6th is way too short for comfortable cruising in the EP3*, and I'm certain a higher gear would reap economy benefits as well. It's geared about around 20mph per 1000RPM in 6th, the engine could easily pull higher gearing.

*I realise it's not designed primarily for comfortable cruising, but it could be better with negligible downsides.

Man of Honour
OP
It's a Type R you fanny's, if you want a comfortable cruiser with a long top gear go and buy a German hot hatch. Try driving a DC2 at motorway speeds, you'll soon wish you were back in an EP3.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a Type R you fanny's, if you want a comfortable cruiser with a long top gear go and buy a German hot hatch. Try driving a DC2 at motorway speeds, you'll soon wish you were back in an EP3.

I don't want a German hot hatch, I want a Type R that has sensible gearing in 6th. What's wrong with making it more pleasant and economic driving on a motorway without spoiling it when driving around B roads?

Back
Top Bottom