Type R and VTEC owners

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Had the S2000 serviced today, just oil and filters (oil, pollen and air), cost a whopping £150.

Do need some new front pads though, got a set of Honda pads on the way and will get them on soon. Not sure whether to do the discs as well whilst I'm at it, can't seem to find much decent info on what discs are good on them other than Honda ones. People have mentioned Bremtech, never heard of them myself, but over half the price of genuine ones.

Soldato
Gosh EP3s are cheap, gonna dip under Teg prices at this rate!

I have brembo blanks on the front and EBC blanks on the rear. £50 a pair and give the Carbon Lorraines something to munch away on :D

Soldato
Ridiculous price for a 12 year old Honda.

Exactly this.

- Hiding it in a garage and using it rarely isn't ideal, how long has it been standing for on general, has it even been warmed up properly when driven, has it done short/long trips etc etc.
- Components will still age, expecially the suspension bushings. None of these seem to have been overhauled, something any decent prospective owner should demand.
- Dampers and springs should have been overhauled/replaced.
- After the above the geometry would need to be setup properly.

£7.5k is dream money, nice exterior condition with undersealing and low mileage doesn't add £kkk!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ready with my trousers down awaiting my servicing bill. Rear brake pads need changing. Did the usual "the disks are corroded, we can replace them for £320 plus VAT". No thanks, it's done 33,000 miles. Just found out the disks are £68 delivered from brakes international. At least all the paintwork is getting touched up at the same time.

Soldato
Change the pads yourself.

It involves taking the wheel off, undoing a few bolts, freeing the old pads, a little brushing to clean away dust, then slipping in the new ones.

If you have a jack and axle stands with basic tools then you can easily do it yourself. Plenty of vids and guides on the web to help you out.

Soldato
Change the pads yourself.

It involves taking the wheel off, undoing a few bolts, freeing the old pads, a little brushing to clean away dust, then slipping in the new ones.

If you have a jack and axle stands with basic tools then you can easily do it yourself. Plenty of vids and guides on the web to help you out.

I'm getting the pads done at the dealer today as they're making a horrid noise due to wear. Next time I have a day I'll order the discs and do those myself at my parents' house. I don't have any kit for car mechanics of my own. Unfortunate this means giving Honda some cash in the meantime.

Soldato
Fair enough, better get them sorted asap. That noise and the unknwon effect of the wear on braking performance is all the justification you need.

Soldato
It's more annoying than anything else! It still stops well, but with a grating noise coming from the rear. I'll probably do the front pads if at the same time if I'm setting aside some time. Annoyingly at home with the aid of plenty of tea, my dad and his kit we could probably do the service ourselves. The sad thing is that a Honda stamp is pretty important in this sort of car.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Wish I had the bits to change my pads but I've no jack or stands (and no where to keep them), annoying as the garage I use are 30 miles away so will mean another drive over to them :(

Back
Top Bottom