Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Stay away from Dixon, for all that is holy, it is a cowboy operation. Where do you live?

Thanks. I'm in North London.

Pioneer 80PRS from Car Audio Direct?

Got mine but not installed it yet. Still removing all the sealing goop and cleaning the door ready for sound deadening.

If you want a good 2ch stereo amp for front components speakers then speak to Gordon @ Amp Doctor. He used to work for Genesis designing/building their amps, now they are gone he overhauls and upgrades 2nd hand versions of the amps for a great price. My 2ch profile 2 was 2x75W but he had one in stock tweaked to 2x113W and fully upgraded/serviced for ~£140. Much better than some of the pish out there.

Get some good components with a nice amp and then see if a sub is really required. My amp is going to be mounted under the passenger Recaro, easy with such a small footprint. A thread will be up once I get back on dry land, hopefully sometime next week.

This.

Sign up to ITR-DC2 and search Dixon or DMS and find one of the damning threads. I'm sure he has plenty of happy customers, but after the frankly nigh on fatal works he did on one car (bushes + setup) and his attitude across trades and other **** ups, he is one to avoid.

I had my FRSU done at Performance Autoworks and Rich did a great job. I did have all new pollybushes throughout, coilovers and camber arms though. Also consider Tom @ TGM down in Hampshire.

Cheers.

echoing Muffins advice. handling improvements were easily the best money i spent on my car.

i got a FRSU at ABP and also had a JDM ARB fitted at the same time.
it is night and day on the handling front now

more responsive steering, accurate feedback and a lot more control over the back end of the car at higher speeds. not to mention flatter cornering.

easily the best money i spent.

everyone who has been in the car with me since it was done has commented on the improvement and you know its good when its coming from passengers!

an AEM is a good call afterwards too but the FRSU will increase your fun factor big time and probably point out, how far out of spec the settings are.

what tyres are currently on your new car Pete?

The dealer has put 4 brand new Avon ZV3's on. They seem ok but obviously I can't compare them with other tyres yet.

Soldato
That looked wrong from the first photo, almost like some S-sport tarted up.

What a plum, a complete waste of money on something that looks like a pishcake.

Buy a CTR, don't try and make one you inbred cretin!

Soldato
SC just doesn't cut it for me anymore after seeing Desi's 500bhp Turbo FN2. That said, there is a new Rotrex on it's way that will allow for biiiiiig powah.

That said, any Type R I have will always be NA. Unless of course the next ones are turbo. If I wanted a car for bhp peening I would have got an Evo, and I could have got a nice VII or VIII but I've just always liked Honda.

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my previous SOHC EG and my current K24 Accord

IMG_1345.jpg

rearsideshotBIG.jpg

5726355568_dd87515b71_o.jpg

2011-04-11165541.jpg

DSCF1754.jpg

2012-03-02143753.jpg

536559_10150816297695706_503525705_9812041_1418443205_n.jpg

on the way into japfest one this year.

I've only had the accord 6 month and someone already drove into me last month trashing the rear 1/4 so im currently in the process of getting the full car resprayed ready for next years shows other than that there wont be many modifications happening any time soon but i do still have plans for it :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
going to need a new clutch quick sharp.

was going to go for an OEM but have seen the Exedy OEM on Tegiwas site for much less than the honda one? worth considering or should I just get the OEM?

anyone who knows of the honda clutch at less than the £195 that tegiwa want if so?

edit* seen this anyone order from them often?

Soldato
I thought the DC2 clutch was an OEM Exedy as standard, not sure for the chavvic. I doubt there is much difference anyway, mine feels the same.

Oordered a fuel filter and coolant from Cox, came quickly and was priced well.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
well I cant see there being much difference if a well known clutch manufacturer makes an OEM equivalent model.

read just that the clutches arent usually a point to uprate when FI is added to a car and that 300bhp is possible using the oem clutch setup?

that would be good enough for me, might order from Cox anyway as I cant find cheaper than that and I am entirely sure that labour is going to be the killer.

how much of a job is a clutch replacement on an EP3 so I have a ballpark to work with when getting quotes?

OcUK Staff
well I cant see there being much difference if a well known clutch manufacturer makes an OEM equivalent model.

read just that the clutches arent usually a point to uprate when FI is added to a car and that 300bhp is possible using the oem clutch setup?

that would be good enough for me, might order from Cox anyway as I cant find cheaper than that and I am entirely sure that labour is going to be the killer.

how much of a job is a clutch replacement on an EP3 so I have a ballpark to work with when getting quotes?

Won't be a small job, gearbox off etc.
Also make sure you get a clutch kit, just changing the clutch itself is pointless, ensure you get a new bearing too, about £40ish as whilst it's all in bits best to change other other parts which tend to wear out, why a clutch kit is essential.

Back
Top Bottom