Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Soldato
Beat me to it. Block changing feels wrong to me in most cars. And I'm sure I have read more than once that certain (or all) Honda gearboxes are quite sensitive to it.

It's not the gearboxes so much as the fact that a clutch friction plate has a lot more energy at 8500-9000 RPM which gives the synchromesh a hard time. Block changing sympathetically (i.e. low RPM, slow changes) will not cause extra wear. The ratios are close enough on the EP3 that if you are only pottering around it feels ridiculous working your way through all 6 gears when the engine will happily work with three (e.g. changing at 3000RPM you only gain between 7 and 9 mph between gears)

Soldato
Having my exhaust removed in October, it was fun for a bit as I never had a loud pipe before but frankly I'm finding it embarrassing now and it's not fair to subject the neighbours to 100db of exhaust at 6am when I start in the Winter months.
Going to have OEM put back on and I'm sure the performance effects will be minor.
I have ordered some front Brembo discs and some DS2500's as the stock FN2 brakes are terrible. Hopefully be able to do the lines and fluid too.

Caporegime
Pete you need to get a Fast Road Setup over an intake or exhaust imo

Having my exhaust removed in October, it was fun for a bit as I never had a loud pipe before but frankly I'm finding it embarrassing now and it's not fair to subject the neighbours to 100db of exhaust at 6am when I start in the Winter months.
Going to have OEM put back on and I'm sure the performance effects will be minor.
I have ordered some front Brembo discs and some DS2500's as the stock FN2 brakes are terrible. Hopefully be able to do the lines and fluid too.

I binned my bean can for the same reasons, subtle is much better.

Soldato
Pete you need to get a Fast Road Setup over an intake or exhaust imo

I binned my bean can for the same reasons, subtle is much better.

Yeah I mean it was epic when I first got it but it's obnoxiously loud, could do without the attention to be honest and I do feel bad every time I start it up in the morning. I should still have a nice noise from the header and CAI combo so I doubt I'll miss it. Always got the option of a HKS or Milltek for a nice growl under throttle but almost stock on startup.

I'll be having it done at our mutual garage, did you get your stuff sorted?

Caporegime
Yeah I mean it was epic when I first got it but it's obnoxiously loud, could do without the attention to be honest and I do feel bad every time I start it up in the morning. I should still have a nice noise from the header and CAI combo so I doubt I'll miss it. Always got the option of a HKS or Milltek for a nice growl under throttle but almost stock on startup.

I'll be having it done at our mutual garage, did you get your stuff sorted?

Yep, I know exactly what you mean, when I had the dagdag I would blip the throttle on startup to clear the failing-injectoresque-smoke quicker and then I did the same on my DC2 and a neighbour was stood out side in her pink dressing gown arms folded not looking very pleased at 7am :D

I did get it all sorted it made a very healthy 213bhp on Power Station rollers, other DC2's have made that with engine mods, I know it's not an exact science but interesting non the less! Not used a drop of oil either. :)

Caporegime
Interesting... I love how the car handles as it is but if it can be improved then even better. Would prefer something like that over something that makes more noise as it's noisy enough as it is :D

Found these http://www.dmsracingltd.com/

They would do it for between £75-£120.

Stay away from Dixon, for all that is holy, it is a cowboy operation. Where do you live?

Soldato
Only had my CTR a day and I'm already looking at upgrading the audio. How easy is it to swap out the speakers and feed a cable to the boot for an amp/sub?

Also can anyone recommend a stereo with bluetooth?

Pioneer 80PRS from Car Audio Direct?

Got mine but not installed it yet. Still removing all the sealing goop and cleaning the door ready for sound deadening.

If you want a good 2ch stereo amp for front components speakers then speak to Gordon @ Amp Doctor. He used to work for Genesis designing/building their amps, now they are gone he overhauls and upgrades 2nd hand versions of the amps for a great price. My 2ch profile 2 was 2x75W but he had one in stock tweaked to 2x113W and fully upgraded/serviced for ~£140. Much better than some of the pish out there.

Get some good components with a nice amp and then see if a sub is really required. My amp is going to be mounted under the passenger Recaro, easy with such a small footprint. A thread will be up once I get back on dry land, hopefully sometime next week.

Stay away from Dixon, for all that is holy, it is a cowboy operation. Where do you live?

This.

Sign up to ITR-DC2 and search Dixon or DMS and find one of the damning threads. I'm sure he has plenty of happy customers, but after the frankly nigh on fatal works he did on one car (bushes + setup) and his attitude across trades and other **** ups, he is one to avoid.

I had my FRSU done at Performance Autoworks and Rich did a great job. I did have all new pollybushes throughout, coilovers and camber arms though. Also consider Tom @ TGM down in Hampshire.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
echoing Muffins advice. handling improvements were easily the best money i spent on my car.

i got a FRSU at ABP and also had a JDM ARB fitted at the same time.
it is night and day on the handling front now

more responsive steering, accurate feedback and a lot more control over the back end of the car at higher speeds. not to mention flatter cornering.

easily the best money i spent.

everyone who has been in the car with me since it was done has commented on the improvement and you know its good when its coming from passengers!

an AEM is a good call afterwards too but the FRSU will increase your fun factor big time and probably point out, how far out of spec the settings are.

what tyres are currently on your new car Pete?

Back
Top Bottom