Type R and VTEC owners

I'd personally keep the FK3 until you can afford to 'upgrade' without the need for finance, is there anything wrong with keeping it another year?

If you go the finance route, do it proper with a FD2 ;) the 5 doors will make it seem like a sensible decision for the boss too :D

I really want an FD2 as my next car, but £14k buy lots of other car too, and I'm worried about the ability to re-sell afterwards too.

indeed they've hardly depreciated at all in the last year alone, im still waiting on them to fall into 10k territory :/

the price alone will make re-sell harder but the few ive seen on sale the last couple of years on the forums have certainly shifted within a month. mostly private mind.

I'd personally keep the FK3 until you can afford to 'upgrade' without the need for finance, is there anything wrong with keeping it another year?

If you go the finance route, do it proper with a FD2 ;) the 5 doors will make it seem like a sensible decision for the boss too :D

I may well do, just have the itch at the moment to change back to petrol with a decent engine. I like my current car but even with the remap it's not quite the same having a diseasel lump up front. I could technically afford to change without financing but getting agreement to taking the extra cash straight from savings wouldn't be easy (especially seeing as I'm planning to pay the remainder of the current car off at the start of the year)!

The FD2 isn't what I want really, have been in one and it's too hard for an every day car (for me), have had a few seriously stiffly sprung cars in the past and it just becomes grating when you aren't looking for fun, when lines on the road genuinely hurt a little bit things just aren't right. Plus at the asking price I could pick up all kinds of metal that I'd much rather have.

Last edited:

Oh no :eek: I already own one of those :( Goodbye OcUK forum...

I want an FD2, not an FN2 dammit :p

Perhaps I could transplant the Integra engine into the Mondeo, and then angle grind off every piece of spare metal I can to try and give it the same weight too.

[Edit] On nom nom nom nom - http://www.fd2-owners.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2997:

15rf5dv.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there

Starting to gel a lot more with this civic now. I've got on the drive at the moment also a Scirroco 2.0Tsi the newer 211ps version with full sports suspension, 19" wheels and DSG etc. It's a nice car with a lot of grip and very very easy to drive on the limits, it just understeers. :D

At first I was not enjoying the Civic quite as much, found it's buzzing and short ratio's kind of annoying. But after going for a drive tonight in the wet and using VTEC YO a lot more, well it all seems to come together nicely. What I like the most is how it feels quite thrilling at relatively low speeds, it feels alive in your hands as to speak and the cars seems, to well dance. I've discovered in the wet at least if the nose is starting to push wide around the apex once you get the apex nailing the throttle seems to shift it to a very neutral car with a hint oversteer. Can I assume this is down to the rear torsion bar?

In short going to the shops or a commute around town with the odd blast, I'll take the scirocco. If however I am going for a blast and want to be thrilled and smile the FN2 Type R for sure.

Have to say it seems a superb example, no knocks, clunks and is very responsive to inputs. The first owner was a girl and it's got it's second owner at 40,000 miles who averaged 30.5mpg from it as used for motorway miles, he was a rep, not your ideal rep car you say, well me too as he never drove it in anger, think it only got vtec on slip roads. I've given it some Vpower this evening and well it seems to like that for sure. :)

Interesting you mention the Scirroco as that was the other car on my list to replace the Integra, very similar budget requirements to the FD2 although different cars.

What age model have you got? How is it on long journeys?

Interesting you mention the Scirroco as that was the other car on my list to replace the Integra, very similar budget requirements to the FD2 although different cars.

What age model have you got? How is it on long journeys?

It's a 60-plate.
On long journeys it's superb, the suspension has three damper settings, comfort, normal and sport, the difference between each is very minimal.

It's a DSG model with 211ps, it has definitely got the legs on the Civic straight-line wise, I've noticed the Civic speedo over-reads a lot also, 30mph on speedo is 27GPS, 40mph on speedo is 36GPS and 80mph on speedo is 75GPS, car is stock tyres and wheels, but every CIvic I've been in seems to have high reading speedo's, must be to make the driver think they are going far quicker than they are. :D

Think the Scirroco is only 45kg heavier, but has wider rubber all round so cornering wise it seems to have marginally more grip but is a lot more dumb downed compared to the civic, it just grips, grips and then understeers and turning of traction in the scirocco is an absolute must for any journey, it's way too intrusive. So yeah Scirroco is better all round car but the Civic is more fun for sure and on cam sounds better too. :)

Plus the Civic can be enjoyed a lot more at lower speeds, just a more involving car.

Back
Top Bottom