Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Are you reading the above link mate? I think its due to the fact that the test shows the amount of dirt PAST THROUGH the filter not collected by the HKS element.

The question is. Is your filter the same made as the one in the above link?

and even if it is....simple change the filter with another popular choice that filter betters

Ok got it. Its a 200mm filter that's all I know so maybe the same. I guess I'd only notice detrimental effects on the engine after a long time.

It's a 3 layer dry filter.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can't comment on the FN2, but I had a HKS on my DC2 and it's pants, it significantly worse than the original!

Got a MUGEN* CAI on there now :cool:

*TEGIWA

Permabanned
I'm not sure what comparison or test I was reading but it said that the most ideal air filter set up was your standard air box with a K&N panel filter. I think it was down to air fuel ratio ratings. Don't ask for sauce as I can't remember where I read it, but ver since I have stood by K&N panel filters. Also their service interval is every 50k miles, which saves a little on your bog standard air filters...

Not sure what a HKS Mushroom is but from what I've read most open cone type air filters are terrible due to heat soak.

Soldato
I'm not sure what comparison or test I was reading but it said that the most ideal air filter set up was your standard air box with a K&N panel filter. I think it was down to air fuel ratio ratings. Don't ask for sauce as I can't remember where I read it, but ver since I have stood by K&N panel filters. Also their service interval is every 50k miles, which saves a little on your bog standard air filters...

Not sure what a HKS Mushroom is but from what I've read most open cone type air filters are terrible due to heat soak.

Standard on DC2 is the best compromise. A Tegiwa copy of the Mugen is next best or get the cheaper EPRacing.

I have a short ram injen on mine, came with the car and I enjoy the noise too much. Plus a new one would cost more pennies!

Soldato
Not many on options on FN2. If my RSK is crap in the warmer weather then I could make an excuse to get a GruppeM. £700+ for an air filter is pretty crazy though.

Soldato
Just been checking s2000's out and i cannot believe how much they have come down on price.

Such a shame i couldn't have a 2 seater :(

Suuuure you can...g'wan...you know you want to :D

s2000_lowa.jpg

Soldato
Best colour for a Type R.

Wheels are fine.

Insurance are taking the **** again. Call up Admiral, £976 from some welsh chap. Go to confused.com £835.10

WTF? Last year when I was looking at buying a Cosmic Premier I got the cheaper price by calling up Admiral!

I tried that this time (after calling them up first then going onto confused.com) and I get told by some chap that "I can't do that, we can't beat online quotes"

But they did last time :confused:

Soldato
Suuuure you can...g'wan...you know you want to :D

s2000_lowa.jpg

I do want to but I don't know where I would fit the kid haha?

Really can't believe the prices though, can get a decent one for 6-7k and insurance is coming in the same as What i am paying for my Fiesta now.

Insurance are taking the **** again. Call up Admiral, £976 from some welsh chap. Go to confused.com £835.10:

Insurance is a joke these days.I am 23 in a few days and I did some quotes and they have come out 4-500 pound cheaper than the premium I am paying now. To much hassle to renew half way through my payments though.

Back
Top Bottom