Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
IMG_0002.jpg

125813654058.jpg

Caporegime
Yep, got it back yesterday. 500 miles of no more that 5k RPM. 230 down so far, god it's hard work to work it through the rev range and not take it past 5k. But it feels sublime, the new suspension is a dream, I can really feel the car do it's magic on the bends. Up rated engine mounts are a definite bonus, although the whole car resonates at 5k so I imagine VTEC is going to be utterly ridiculous :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Dark colours hide the design, the natural colour of alloys is ***, amirite? :p

stock colour looks great.

If I buy it i'll be looking out for some standard silver alloys. Which kind of puts me off buying it... :\

I looked at that one the other day. [on PH, I didn't view it]
I get what you mean about the non stock alloys. I want a totally stock example so seeing stuff listed with modified parts, even a bit of paint on the rims, puts me off.

I know it sounds odd but im fussy about that kind of stuff :p

Man of Honour
OP
I appreciate what you're saying but unless the car also had the same mods and FRS setup as mine then it wouldn't really be a fair test. Think it's one of those things I'll have to live and learn from :)

Has the following mods on:

Rear Tints - Already on the car when I bought it
Rear Parking Sensors - ( £200 )
JDM Key Backs - ( £18 x2 )
6500k Xenon H7 Bulbs
Autobulbs Extreme White Sidelights
Autobulbs 6500k H1 Bulbs - (£11.99)
Spoon Reservoir Socks - ( £12 )
Forum Decals - ( £8 )
Philips Silvervision Rear Indicator Bulbs - ( £15 )
Spoon Oil Cap - ( £55 )£40 )
JDM Union Jack Rear Badge - ( £20 )
LeeH Blue Earthing Kit - (Prototype fees..)
JMR Blue Battery Strap - ( £25 )
Eibach Front Camber Bolts
Rear Shims
TDi-North Fast Road Set-up (1 neg fr, 1 neg rr, 1.5mm toe out fr, 1mm toe in rr) - ( £327.36 )
Magnex Cat back - ( £180 )
Spoon Rad Cap - ( £28 )
Stoptech Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Full 6 line kit, MOT friendly)
RBF600 Brake Fluid - ( £500.24
Flashpro - ( £490 )
HKS Racing Suction Kit - ( £329.59 )
TDi-North Mapped- ( £229.13 )
Eibach Progressive 15mm Springs - (£420)
Skunk2 Gear Knob - (£40)
FD2 Balancer Shaft Delete kit - (£654.5
Climair Wind Deflectors - (£41.96)
Wavetrac LSD - (£1194 fitted)
ACT Stage 1 Clutch and F! Racing 4.65kg flywheel - (£189.6+£186)
Honda Grand Prix pack front and rear splitters - (£619.99)
TDi-North Short Shifter
Tegiwa Exhaust Manifold - (£408.50)
RRC Inlet Manifold
TDi-North Big Throttle Body - (£799 RRC+TB, £486 to remove charger and fit)
Skunk2 Stage 1 Cams and Springs - (£1,610 incl. fitting and map, )
Stoptech Big Brake Kit - (£1,529 fitted)
Eibach 15mm Spacers Front and Rear - (£240)
Cosworth Streetmaster Rear Pads - (£110)

Man of Honour
OP
Well, I've had my fair share of VTEC-y0 by now;

Accord Type-R
JDM DC2 Integra (modded to hell and back)
Honda S2000 x 2
Civic EP3 (current car)
And possible next one is a Supercharged EP3 :cool: Although I must admit, a DC5 is v v tempting...

Most enjoyable for me? The 04 S2k I had, very neutral handler in comparison to my twitchy as **** 99 version (which I wrote off!) :D
DC5 > S/C Ep3.

Soldato
Yep, got it back yesterday. 500 miles of no more that 5k RPM. 230 down so far, god it's hard work to work it through the rev range and not take it past 5k. But it feels sublime, the new suspension is a dream, I can really feel the car do it's magic on the bends. Up rated engine mounts are a definite bonus, although the whole car resonates at 5k so I imagine VTEC is going to be utterly ridiculous :D

Nice, glad you're happy and it'l only get better.

But OMG what is it with JDM fanbois and stupidly uprating engine mounts. It does nothing but make 50 things resonate at once, include your entire body. It's a horrible thing to live with and I've only spent 2 trips in a mates uprated 96 spec to be annoyed. ARRGHHHH :mad::p:D

Caporegime
Nice, glad you're happy and it'l only get better.

But OMG what is it with JDM fanbois and stupidly uprating engine mounts. It does nothing but make 50 things resonate at once, include your entire body. It's a horrible thing to live with and I've only spent 2 trips in a mates uprated 96 spec to be annoyed. ARRGHHHH :mad::p:D

thanks, it's feels like a new car, which is important on something like this, bushes > shocks/springs > tyres > engine > stick on tat

re engine mounts: but they're cheap(er)! To be fair when I gave him the go ahead I was in a different job and walked to work, now I have to drive. Was thinking I don't really want to use the teg as it'll be a pain, I've just driven it there and back for the first time and it's fine in moving traffic but the stop start with the S1 Exeedy clutch is err... interesting, the bite point is so high and small that it's too easy to make it slip especially on hills (and it stinks). So I'll have to either learn to be a pro gear shifter or go back to my idea of a snotter like an Mk1 Mx5 to use for going to/from work. Having the solid engine mounts gives you a brilliant feel for the car though :o

Soldato
thanks, it's feels like a new car, which is important on something like this, bushes > shocks/springs > tyres > engine > stick on tat

re engine mounts: but they're cheap(er)! To be fair when I gave him the go ahead I was in a different job and walked to work, now I have to drive. Was thinking I don't really want to use the teg as it'll be a pain, I've just driven it there and back for the first time and it's fine in moving traffic but the stop start with the S1 Exeedy clutch is err... interesting, the bite point is so high and small that it's too easy to make it slip especially on hills (and it stinks). So I'll have to either learn to be a pro gear shifter or go back to my idea of a snotter like an Mk1 Mx5 to use for going to/from work. Having the solid engine mounts gives you a brilliant feel for the car though :o

Epic, must feel amazing with a new engine and the handling overhaul. Agree with your list!!!!

Lol and a crazy clutch hehe. Mine is stiff with the coilovers and polybushes but still just about compliant. The lightweight flywheel needs some skilll to control it properly, but I couldn't handle a crazy clutch, OEM Exeedy is great!

PIIIIIIIICS

Soldato
Yeah, I think they offer the best 'bang for buck' but I'd be tempted to aim for the 250 mark without. Although the costs would be more than a charger I'd imagine.

Associate
I have VTEC in my blood its a sickness you cannot shake!

Started off with a 1.8VTI which never missed a beat. Bar a single wheel bearing mods were

Koni shocks and eibach springs
S80 gearbox
Fidanza flywheel

2.jpg

Then moved onto a 96 spec integra which i loved to bits but then got married and broke it for parts. It was a dream to drive on track and to be honest was great on the road too. mods were

HKS Hypermax Pro coilovers
RSR 421 manifold
Tanabe concept G catback
15" rota subzeros
282 calipers
sparco bucket seats and harnesses
completely stripped out
cannot remember any more :/

Jap17.jpg

Had a lude for a short while which i broke for parts

000_0556.jpg

Now currently have a S2000 which i am trying my best not too mod.....its not easy

IMG-20110507-00007.jpg

Can anyone help me? :rolleyes:

Associate
The modding bug for the S2000 caught me today. A month into ownership and the stock sound is too quiet, you can barely hear the change over, so there's a Fujitsubo RM-01A Exhaust and a de-cat on it's way. Not a loud exhaust, but comes rated as one of the best.
Seeing how it goes I might pop on a K&N Gen2 as insurance won't go up, but will be a bit worried that it drowns out the new exhaust :p .

Back
Top Bottom