Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
:D My insurance isn't too bad. But I would expect it to still be £1k+.

It's just it's one of my dream cars to own. Integra more so.

A DC2 is a labour of love!!!!!!! And love can be very painful at times. I commute in mine and it isn't too bad, but I'm hardcore with mine sporting SUperflex bushes along with Meister-R Zeta S coilovers.

The beauty of the car is the sheer Jekyl Vs Hyde nature. Get bored of the crap commuting all week and suddenly the sun appears on a dry sat early morning...........

Leave town and go rag the filthy little Integra whore while she begs for moar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldato
You irish folk have a great taste in cars! When ever i am doing my Pistonhead rounds, all the cars that catch my eye are either from Ireland, N.Ireland or Aberdeen Scotland.

How do you compare between both the DC2 and DC5?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
You irish folk have a great taste in cars!

all the cars i have been looking at recently have been from Ireland.
some very cool cars over there, especially given how bad the roads are :eek:

in other news, i saw this on Chris's forum and thought i would repost here.

This looks fantastic. not something I would look to do myself but I bet it would be immense fun to drive.

photo5sv.jpg

photo2oebh.jpg

picture007wr.jpg

picture006qth.jpg

Associate
You irish folk have a great taste in cars! When ever i am doing my Pistonhead rounds, all the cars that catch my eye are either from Ireland, N.Ireland or Aberdeen Scotland.

How do you compare between both the DC2 and DC5?

all the cars i have been looking at recently have been from Ireland.
some very cool cars over there, especially given how bad the roads are :eek:

DC2 is a bit more nimble and revvy, though the DC5 is a lot more stable and torquey. I love them both but tbh I'd have the DC5 just because it looks so nice!

Yeah cars over here are a lot cheaper there's some bargins to be had! DC5's are around 5-6k whereas in the mainland their counterparts are 7-9k generally!

Soldato
To those which have DC2's, EP3's, VTEC 'y0 cars what MPG do you get driving normal with a little bit of VTEC hooning.

And are the Civic Jordan's any good? Just trying to make a choice between the Prelude/Civic. DC2 Teg would be a bit too much hardcore for me. :o

Associate
To those which have DC2's, EP3's, VTEC 'y0 cars what MPG do you get driving normal with a little bit of VTEC hooning.

And are the Civic Jordan's any good? Just trying to make a choice between the Prelude/Civic. DC2 Teg would be a bit too much hardcore for me. :o

like said 25-30s is normal and a touch higher on a K series

Please try a dc2 before saying its too hardcore. While some folk seem to think it is i certainly felt it was fine for day to day.

I civic Jordan is Just a civic VTI with a bodykit and some yeloow paint. Nice enough motor

Soldato
The civic Jordans are falling to bits now, about 5 of them around here and they are all in a state. Literally look like skips on wheels.

My EJ9 went the same way, bumper just fell off whilst doing 50mph :D, the mounts that's the clips went into just rusted off. Called it a day after that and just went and bought the ST.

For a decent EK4 you will be need to be paying around £2.5k+, which is coming close to DC2 low end bargains that will probably need some work done.

Back
Top Bottom