Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
^^ Premier Edition? Think I spy the Recaros, love those seats

Sold my Corolla yesterday and looking to replace it with an FN2, any tips on common faults to look out for?

source a GT variant for cruise and fog lights if its an early model, also USB became standard 2009 IIRC

check for stone chip severity on front of bonnet

dash rattles, also black plastic at base of windsceen on outside can resonate on window

rust at top of door pillar under rubber seal

2nd gear synchro / rod [mine was replaced under warranty]

if you can plug it into a diagnostic you should also be able to see if engine has went north of 9k !!!, easily done if your gear changing skills aren't the best

owned one from new till 30 months and 38k miles

Soldato
Looks lovely Eliot!

^^ Premier Edition? Think I spy the Recaros, love those seats

Sold my Corolla yesterday and looking to replace it with an FN2, any tips on common faults to look out for?

Why do such a thing, the CTS is the best Hot Hatch ever made!!!

No need to downgrade, especially to a 'Sheep non-proper Type-R' ;):p

:D

Soldato
Today was my last full day off of the year most likely better the bitterly cold weather kicks in so prepped the car for winter.

It's been washed, clayed and waxed.

civic.jpg

Having it properly clean really shows up how chipped the front bumper is :(

Not bad for a 9 year old car with 85,000 miles.

Soldato
Looks lovely Eliot!

Why do such a thing, the CTS is the best Hot Hatch ever made!!!

No need to downgrade, especially to a 'Sheep non-proper Type-R' ;):p

I wouldnt say best, I'd say most underrated ;)

Thanks for the list of tips Stephen, came in handy :cool:

I bought it anyway, astonishing condition for a five year old car, looks practically brand new, very pleased and loving the dash :D

wp000263p.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldnt say best, I'd say most underrated ;)

Thanks for the list of tips Stephen, came in handy :cool:

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, welcome to the fold! Get some more pics up when the light allows you to :)

[quote="peterintheghetto, post: 23144314"]Today was my last full day off of the year most likely better the bitterly cold weather kicks in so prepped the car for winter.

It's been washed, clayed and waxed.
[/QUOTE]

Looks very nice, I hope you got some wax on there!

I would have been out there doign the same as you, prepping her for the Scottish winter.

A few snaps, plus I fitted the new refurbished wheel, which is soo much better now in comparison to the horrible 14yr old Momo leather.

Still a few bits of interior trim left to install, the new HU to be calibrated and any remaining shakes in the doorcards to be deadened.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img826/9454/486a0423.jpg

486a0424.jpg

486a0420.jpg

486a0419.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
I've been in Type R's since around 2004, in a few weeks my ATR will be for sale and I'll be getting an Evo (9 hopefully). I never thought I'd say this but I don't think I'll have another Type R, unless perhaps a DC2 as a track only car.

Back
Top Bottom