Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
After reading online people saying the ride quality is 90% the same if not a little harsher, I am yet to find this harshness. The car drives awesome, feels really planted and very smooth on the road for the kind of car it is, so far it's soaking up bumps well but I aint been far yet.

I think a lot of the difference is down to the superpro front bushes mind in how well the car drives.

But do it mate, it's not that cheap by the time you've had camber adjustment bits, fitting and FRSU but... I think once the price has sank in it will all make sense :)

I had mine done @ Area Motorsport and am over the moon with their workmanship, attention to detail and they even spent ages with me discussing what I want for my budget, the handling I'm looking for, explaining what the heck caster means etc :D

You'll love it if you get it done, car looks sweet too!

Soldato
what did you pay all in Stormster if you dont mind me asking?

All in all mate with all the bits and labour it owes me £730.

:eek:

I guess the labour on fitting the bushes was a big additional cost really.

I've done 100 miles tonight and it is a little bit harsher on hard bumps but otherwise it's loads better. B pipe does catch long/big speed bumps though lol, missus is moaning already :)

Last edited:
Soldato
i like the crz i think its a bit of a laugh to drive tbh. i dont really think it lacksnpower for what it is. and iv come from a 340bhp supra and 350z before that. so im sure all you exisiting honda owners would get in just fine ;)

Soldato
I have Eibach -15mm Progressive springs here (Second hand with 25,000 Mile old Shocks still attached)

&

Eibach camber bolts. < I still have to fit all these!

Do I take my car to TDi North for the Fast Road Setup, or Area Motorsport? Hmmm

Soldato
So which CRZ are you looking at? I'm not really up on models etc.

performance wiuse they are all the same, abr the mugen one of course but that is way out of budget.

Trim levels are S, Sport and GT.

I'm looking for a Sport in white :D

I would get the Mugen kit fitted to it at a later date too as it looks mental.

The sale staff told me a intriguing piece of info but I'm yet to find anything to back it up. Apprantly Honda designed the CR-Z so that it handled even better than the last gen FN2 Type R. Anyone care to shed any light on this?

Now from experience I have driven and FN2 and a CRZ and tbh you would be hard pressed to notice the difference in handling but that is just me and in fairness both test drives were months apart.

Soldato
The suspension isnt really much different interms of type. Forged lower front arms though.

The comment about comparison to FN2 handling may be from the CofG being 15mm lower, also the seating position is lower aswell along with a lighter powertrain in the nose and a shorter wheelbase. They both have EPAS so not that last word in feel.

That said its no difference to a Clio 182 etc either in terms of suspension architecture, just comes down to tuning.

EP3, DC5 and FD2 all retain the mutli-link rear suspension at the expense of package space, euro market cars seem to want the large family hatchback. The Civic is testament to the other side of its beam suspension, the boot is very wide and the floor low.

Interestingly the Jazz (Fit in the states), which is the same platform as the Insight 2 and CRZ (shortened) has the twist beam rear end but the Honda Fit EV has multilink suspension and rides much better for it, even on an EV product.

CRZ is an interesting car for UK roads, slow enough to have fun and explore and enough grunt to allow steering on the throttle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom