Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
There will be truth in Honda making it a good handling car, and by the reviews it is. But the FD2 was the Jap Type-R based on the DC5 platform. They didn't take to the Euro FN2 so well, be surprising if they did use it as a test bet of 'ahh ohh we must beat dis'

Soldato
Yes you're right, it's not rusty :p

helln.jpg

Soldato
The suspension isnt really much different interms of type. Forged lower front arms though.

The comment about comparison to FN2 handling may be from the CofG being 15mm lower, also the seating position is lower aswell along with a lighter powertrain in the nose and a shorter wheelbase. They both have EPAS so not that last word in feel.

That said its no difference to a Clio 182 etc either in terms of suspension architecture, just comes down to tuning.

EP3, DC5 and FD2 all retain the mutli-link rear suspension at the expense of package space, euro market cars seem to want the large family hatchback. The Civic is testament to the other side of its beam suspension, the boot is very wide and the floor low.

Interestingly the Jazz (Fit in the states), which is the same platform as the Insight 2 and CRZ (shortened) has the twist beam rear end but the Honda Fit EV has multilink suspension and rides much better for it, even on an EV product.

CRZ is an interesting car for UK roads, slow enough to have fun and explore and enough grunt to allow steering on the throttle.

Pretty interesting info there mate. I would imagine a well set up CRZ with R888's or AD08's would be pretty fantastic.

Permabanned
When i drove CRZ it felt crap compared to my DC2.
After i took it for a spin from dealer. It was ding 25mpg. Well thats only bit better than what i get out of DC2.

-Ad-Your lucky then. Only 80k miles oO. My integra got few thousand miles of track abuse done in japan before it came to uk. So no wounder it takes oil. And im not going soft on it either.
Drive -> Brake -> Repair repeat.
I wont sell it. There is nothing I ever driven that is so cheap to run insure tax and gives so much fun. Anything better is 2x more expensive. ITR 4 LIFE :D

Soldato
surprised you managed such bad economy lord_zed. I couldn't get the computer to read any less than 34MPG. However I always take such reading with a pinch of salt and the fact that a half hour test drive will be spent gunning it and not "normal" driving.

I seriously was impressed with it, considering I have had such powerful cars before I was ready for disappointment!

Soldato
Never let opinion and assumptions sway your perception. :p

I seem to find myself being impressed by cars that internet opinions tell me are rubbish and disappointed by ones which tell me they are road going race cars lol.

example number 1: RX8 - fantastic car just poo fuel consumption

example number 2: CR-Z - epic fun, nice chassis

No one on here has said anything bad about the CR-Z to my knowledge just speaking about the general vibe I get visiting other forums etc.

Caporegime
Oil Light flicked on going round a fast corner today, then flicked off again.

Car looks like this (it only looked like this when it was burning)

JM5XTl.jpg

Worried again now :|

Man of Honour
I've been in Type R's since around 2004, in a few weeks my ATR will be for sale and I'll be getting an Evo (9 hopefully). I never thought I'd say this but I don't think I'll have another Type R, unless perhaps a DC2 as a track only car.

Give me a shout when you're thinking of selling, I may well be interested.

Although I don't really have any particular reason or intention to change cars right now (just done another years T&T), I've pretty much decided an ATR is what I want next.

Looks like you're very local to me too! Could I be cheeky and ask for a px ride some weekend before you decide to sell?

Soldato
Oil Light flicked on going round a fast corner today, then flicked off again.

Car looks like this (it only looked like this when it was burning)

|

Like an ugly Piggy JDM rear :p

Hmmm.... Are all the dark droplets oily, have you scooped some up with your finger, rubbed between fingers or even smelt/licked them? Seriously :)

Oil light coming on is the worrying sign as that's oil pressure not oil level. Never EVER had my oil light come on and I've had some hard driving sessions in mine (private road/track of course).

Permabanned
NathWraith ye. If you got brick in your foot like i do MPG is ****** on CR-Z I was not impressed with it at all. But that cos i always wanted to have CRX and once i got enough money to buy one. All of them ware so rusted that i went for EG6. CRZ is to slow for me. Even my first 1.5 1986 civic SI was faster. Why or Why they made it ****** hybrid :(

RX8 on other hand. Very nice car. Chep to buy expensive to run :( My mate gets 23-24 mpg on motorway out of hes and hes not doing 100mph+. But I would have one. Hes got Pro Drive one with body kit and all.

Soldato
Anyone have experience with a Civic 1.6 I-VETEC Sport? I'm looking to change car and these can be had for under £4k now on an 05 plate with decent mileage. MPG is apparently around 42 combined, but is this actually the case?

Soldato
NathWraith ye. If you got brick in your foot like i do MPG is ****** on CR-Z I was not impressed with it at all. But that cos i always wanted to have CRX and once i got enough money to buy one. All of them ware so rusted that i went for EG6. CRZ is to slow for me. Even my first 1.5 1986 civic SI was faster. Why or Why they made it ****** hybrid :(

RX8 on other hand. Very nice car. Chep to buy expensive to run :( My mate gets 23-24 mpg on motorway out of hes and hes not doing 100mph+. But I would have one. Hes got Pro Drive one with body kit and all.

aha trust me I have a "brick foot" lol.

Speed kills! or apparently not in my case :p

Back
Top Bottom