Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
Like an ugly Piggy JDM rear :p

Hmmm.... Are all the dark droplets oily, have you scooped some up with your finger, rubbed between fingers or even smelt/licked them? Seriously :)

Oil light coming on is the worrying sign as that's oil pressure not oil level. Never EVER had my oil light come on and I've had some hard driving sessions in mine (private road/track of course).

Mark on the floor is a hole, I've given the bumper a wipe but I couldn't smell anything. Going to get an oil change done this weekend and give the car a wipe down and go from there.

Soldato
I'd say so aye, is there a particular advert you're looking at?

thanks Muffin - will post ad up later

I took a look at a FN2 at local dealer the other day- and some-how it didn't wow me

really just looking for a local-ish (Essex) Type-R - sub about 75k miles for around 5k or so

I bought my VTI with 72k miles on it and its lasted me 8 years and managed 163k miles :)

Associate
helln.jpg

lol this is why i dont trust cats evil little beggers!

Soldato
I now have some clonking 100 miles into having my car lowered... seems to be from the drivers side, dunno what it is, it's quite light and noticable over rough ground really.

Also when you move the steering wheel left/right you get a knocking from the rack.

Hope it's nowt bad :-S lol gonna pop back to Area tomorrow morning get it checked as all components were checked and said to be fine, cant imagine drop links etc dying within 100 miles...

Man of Honour
OP
Give me a shout when you're thinking of selling, I may well be interested.

Although I don't really have any particular reason or intention to change cars right now (just done another years T&T), I've pretty much decided an ATR is what I want next.

Looks like you're very local to me too! Could I be cheeky and ask for a px ride some weekend before you decide to sell?

Hi mate. Yeah of course you can come out in it, just drop me a mail. It's in good condition, you'll struggle to find a decent unmolested example these days unfortunately.

Permabanned
I now have some clonking 100 miles into having my car lowered... seems to be from the drivers side, dunno what it is, it's quite light and noticable over rough ground really.

Also when you move the steering wheel left/right you get a knocking from the rack.

Hope it's nowt bad :-S lol gonna pop back to Area tomorrow morning get it checked as all components were checked and said to be fine, cant imagine drop links etc dying within 100 miles...

I'll never lower a car ever again. I think the CTR is low enough to start with.

Soldato
Ad I think mine does that, I've had a couple of big cracks at the back whilst "testing" lol.

Got DME ones on mine, quite chunky.

My knocking is sorted :D It made the same noise rocking the steering wheel left to right. Turns out some nut holding the steering rack in place on the drivers side was ever so slightly loose allowing movement.

5 mins later all sorted, but had my car on the ramps and re-checked to be sure, all fine again now and drives spot on :)

Soldato
Going to take mine into TDi North for a Fast Road Setup.

I enquired about only getting the front done, but I've been told that the back is very important to do, as the back follows the front...

Makes sense I suppose, as any adjustments done at the front will be limited if I don't get the settings changed at the back end. Just means a bit more money due to stripping the hubs on the rear beam

£200 ish all in.

Soldato
Lets just say I heard from another FN2 owner, that when he took his car to Grinspeed (who setup rally cars ffs!!) the A.B.P fast road setup that was already on the car, was considered to be rather... shady??

Under braking the back end of the car was very unstable due to how they'd setup the rear axle.

On the FN2 you fit the front camber bolts to the strut which is simple, but the back end requires shims to be placed in the hubs i believe, so a partial strip down is required!

Soldato
Nice one dude, max power veeery high up lol

Taken 200 doesn't sound too bad then if they have to do the shims fitting too and thats included :) Can't go wrong with TDI north.

Mines a lot more stable at speed since done @ Area but to be fair I am not a mad cornering dude so I dunno how much difference there is on that score, the car has bigger balls than me but it definitely doesn't tramline much now, very stable at speed, not skittish at the rear etc.

Back
Top Bottom