Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
Yeah it's that one I mentioned before!

I've had a look through here and it seems like he's an OcUK member as well as on itr-dc2! It's a good thing I only had good things to say about him and the car huh :p :D

Soldato
Didn't want to post in here because I won't be actually getting my hands on it properly for a couple of weeks due to being away on a course, but yes! Looking forward to getting it up on a lift and having a proper snoop. I want it in or around my mouth.

You'll feel a flutter in your stomach when you hit the perfect, well sighted and quiet road on a perfect summers day.

Trust me if you ever need any advice, don't go on itr-dc2 as much these days, busy doing other things and enjoying the car.

Soldato
off for a test drive in a used FN2 this afternoon - hoping hoping its not going to be too stiff suspension wise for my liking - its the only thing thats putting me off atm

I've narrowed it down to 4 cars:

Type-R FN2
Volvo C30 T5
Golf GTI (hard to find a good one in my budget - 9.5k or so)
Skoda Octavia VRS

we already have 2 Hondas and they seem bullet proof reliability wise :)

I have 2 young children - 4 and 8, plenty of space in the back of the FN2 - just don't want them to have a very uncomfortable ride in back if too stiff suspension

Caporegime
It's not drivers car wither :p

Buckster... make sure it's got the 18's and not the optional 19's
icon14.gif

Soldato
pretty certain its got 18s

I've just been so wowed by reliability of our 2 current Civics - I really want to go Honda

EP3s are nice - but seem to be harder to find decent ones, and seem to command a real premium, all the ones in small garages round here are 5.5-6k or at a Honda dealer 8.5k!!

Soldato
my wife has a 2005 Type-S

the perfect car would be a 2005 Type-S with a K20 Type-R engine in it

the Type-S is firm enough and handles well, but the engine whilst quick is a bit soul-less - I much prefer my B18C4 engine

Soldato
I think I am at the end of my searching for a FN2

went out in one today - on a positive note, looked quite nice (although not as special as I'd expected really), interior was nice, felt harder wearing but still smarter than the EP3 inside. I was very impressed by the front buckets - in a word lovely - supportive and comfortable.

on test-drive, well not so sure - on slower roads around town was very jiggly, not crashy, but wobbling around all the time. Out on open road felt a bit better - but still over stiff.

didn't feel as fast as expected either - nor did engine sound as soulful as expected

didn't feel that much quicker than my 1.8 - yes definitely quicker - but not amazingly so. I reckon my wifes Type-S wouldn't be miles behind either.

overall very disappointed, for 9k seemed not great value

as a comparison - yes no type-R, my wifes Type-S with 50k on it (mint) was £3.8k ...

the on way home I stopped off at Mazda garage - to see if they had any MPS's in stock - they didn't- but they did have something I walked past and thought whats that ugly thing - don't recognise it

it was a Colt Ralliart, looks aren't to my taste, and interior is spartan, but looks a hoot to drive - going to take one for a test-drive tomorrow. 1.5 turbo engine.

5k miles for £8k - lot of car for the money

Soldato
Hey rjkoneill, just watched your RR vid, what mods have you done to get 222BHP? :)

I aren't sure wether to do some bits and bobs such as an induction kit of some sort and a manifold and sports cat, possibly 2.5" b-pipe too... just wondered if those were the kind of mods you had for that output? :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hey mate.
Pretty happy with that. I have a comparison graph that Kosta sent me with my previous run on it.
That first run was with just my GruppeM, this was 211BHP.

The run today has only had the addition of my Spoon N1 and r8byb silenced bpipe.

I couldn't be happier as the car is making power everywhere. It feels loads nicer to drive too.

I need to get round to taking pics of what I have added recently but will pop the comparison chart up when I get to a PC

Back
Top Bottom