Type R and VTEC owners

Ha, each to their own I say, I just don't feel the need to bang on about how other models are worth more Mcdonalds carpark points or that they haven't aged well.
What matters is that everyone enjoys their own choice.

Go on Muffin,

dc2_type_t_bonnet.jpg

So I've read plenty of reviews that sing their praises, but what are the FN2 Type R GTs like, day to day? Would I miss the speed of the Mondeo, or enjoy the additional performance of the Honda, or...?

Hypothetically speaking, lol

So I've read plenty of reviews that sing their praises, but what are the FN2 Type R GTs like, day to day? Would I miss the speed of the Mondeo, or enjoy the additional performance of the Honda, or...?

Hypothetically speaking, lol

Take one for a spin, it's less relaxed as the Mondeo and requires you to be on the boil to extract the most out of it. This can be it's achilles heel as people do drive it hard on a test drive love it but then fall out of love when it's just another 2L hatchback when they're not 'on it'. It doesn't have the same 'select gear and go' of other cars like the Mondeo/Focus which I do miss sometimes.

Last edited:
I'm glad my test drive of a fn2 put me off last week as followed one on m25 today - it seemed to be jiggling about on every tiny divet in road - far more than other "sporty" cars I'd followed this morning - looked a very tiring drive ...

Well it's a totally different engine with a far wider power band. I'm just wondering how it's likely to compare when giving it the beans and what it's like to live with when not.

Edit: Muffin's thoughts above are pretty much mine.

I do like them though :o

Back
Top Bottom