Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Take one for a spin, it's less relaxed as the Mondeo and requires you to be on the boil to extract the most out of it. This can be it's achilles heel as people do drive it hard on a test drive love it but then fall out of love when it's just another 2L hatchback when they're not 'on it'. It doesn't have the same 'select gear and go' of other cars like the Mondeo/Focus which I do miss sometimes.

Very true. I enjoyed my FN2 test drive but couldn't help thinking I would tire of it on a daily "off it" basis.

Soldato
So I've read plenty of reviews that sing their praises, but what are the FN2 Type R GTs like, day to day? Would I miss the speed of the Mondeo, or enjoy the additional performance of the Honda, or...?

Hypothetically speaking, lol

Keep your Mondeo, the ride of the FN2 will shake your teeth out and the lack of torque of a VTEC engine will have you lollering constantly.

Test drive one, but if you want a car to hooligan around in then try the older, RAWRERRR and cheaper Type-Rs.

Screw it, just buy a cheap Teg for £3.5k and have some fun :D

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I've told my mum about you, she's gonna smash ya face in.

2qr6c.gif

Soldato
You're probably right.

They're great value though, and have plenty of kit. The older ones are too spartan for me, sorry :p

Think onwards an upwards rather than backwards ;)

Your next car should be more refined, faster and cooler! :D

RS4 Avant should fit the bill nicely, except the refined bit.

Soldato
Quite a scene tax on them though. You might not like the look of a DC2 but they are cheap as chips, strip it out and you have a great crazy fun car!

You are correct on that one, seen a few at 6-7k which is decent EP3 territory. I don't mind the DC2 if it's the one with proper headlights like Muffins, not the round ones.
Not sure on the model though?

Back
Top Bottom