Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I like the CRZ. Good purchase.

Cheers :)

Good plan. Will be a lot easier to drive this on the limit and not crash and should be pretty fun :)

yeah definitely easier to enjoy on the limit, can have fun without destroying the speed limit which is a novel factor.

Slam it and stick some deep dish rims on. Will look awesome!

I sat in one of these at a touring car weekend, and I was really impressed with the interior, the seats were especially comfortable too. Also seen a review on 5th gear and the handling is meant to be superb

Have looked into a fast road set up which includes lowering springs, won't be changing anything just yet but that is definitely on the cards, not for stance yo more for handling and feedback.

Interior is pretty sexual imo, not as fussy as the FN2 shape civic with it's dual layer dash but this has a nice wraparound feel.

Good pic from a US spec Sport spec equivalent

interior.jpg

Soldato
I think you did right purchasing that Nath, hopefully you won't wreck this one.

Though spending £11k on a car, I don't think I could bring myself to ever do that. :o Unless I was in the financial position to do so, and even that would take many nights to convince me to.

EDIT: Can it be supercharged or Turbo'd Nath?

Last edited:
Soldato

Honda U.K. said in a statement that production development on the CR-Z iCF continues at Mugen Euro, with cars available to test-drive at the eight Honda U.K. Mugen dealers in the spring. The high-performance hybrid is expected to be priced at the U.S. equivalent of $37,450.
The CR-Z iCF's 1.5-liter i-VTEC four-cylinder engine and Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system is expected to deliver 173 horsepower — almost 50 percent more power than the standard version. However, Honda U.K. said that the power figure and price "have yet to be confirmed and are subject to change."
Honda U.K. said that the CR-Z iCF sprints from zero to 62 mph in 6.1 seconds — more than 3 seconds faster than the standard CR-Z.

This was last year so the spring launch of the iCF option pack didnt seem to happen, that or no one bought it so its been canned?

Aftermarket bolt on for +50bhp with the Hondata ECU reflash.

http://jacksonracing.com/jackson-racing-cr-z-supercharger-system-released/

Soldato
So expensive, I remember when I was browsing for a supercharger kit for my Yaris and it was £3klol brand new. Second hand you could pick it up for £1200 cheapest but it did offer a bhp boost to 150bhp from 103.

Soldato
I think you did right purchasing that Nath, hopefully you won't wreck this one.

Though spending £11k on a car, I don't think I could bring myself to ever do that. :o Unless I was in the financial position to do so, and even that would take many nights to convince me to.

TDi north do a supercharger kit from around 3K iirc and it gets you to around 180PS.

The offical mugen install can be done too for around 5K but has to be done straight from the dealer not post sale.

Full mugen cars, as in kit, seats, assist meters, wheels and supercharger are rare as it isn't officially a model of it's own like a Focus ST for example.

Soldato
TDi north do a supercharger kit from around 3K iirc and it gets you to around 180PS.

The offical mugen install can be done too for around 5K but has to be done straight from the dealer not post sale.

Full mugen cars, as in kit, seats, assist meters, wheels and supercharger are rare as it isn't officially a model of it's own like a Focus ST for example.

I don't think £3k is worth it for 180ps. Just get mugen bits on it if anymore, make it look the part even more so. :cool:

Soldato
We've just changed the colour of the rage 19" alloys and gone for yellow calipers with black highlighted Type R logo... looking nice with red car... will post some piccies when it's sunny! These alloys are pearl crazy!

here's mine and the wifes Type R two weeks ago, will post piccies of the new alloys on both cars!

263470_10152282140605296_950095830_n.jpg

Caporegime
if it's the one with proper headlights like Muffins, not the round ones

:D
icon14.gif

You've got a good choice for track day cars, EP3 is cheap to buy and run or there's the bargains like EG6 SiR's - comes with a B series like the EK9 and DC2 but alas not as powerful, but that's not always a major issue on track days, low weight will be a winner!

Soldato
Excellent choice, all of the fun but none of the danger! :cool:

Wasting your time with SC's. Just open the bonnet - somewhere near the southbridge chipset jump connect pins 2-3 - raises the front side bus to 166mhz - free 30 bhp overclock. :p

Back
Top Bottom