Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
4-5k will get you an excellent ep3.

Imho, you shouldn't even be considering a pre facelift on that budget.
You could probably net a premier for that budget.

Soldato
mm - I need to do more searching then your post is food for thought rjkoneill

around here - garages seem to be selling 04-05 plates for average 6k with <60k miles on clock

private sales only just under

and Honda dealers want 8.5k for a 05 plate ! ouch

Soldato
would it be very girly to consider a Cooper S instead of a EP3 ?

don't like the looks- but performance looks nice for the money

I really like the Supercharged Mini Cooper S. For some reason it has this stigma as a girls car, but the drive IMO is fantastic fun. The supercharger really adds to the enjoyment.

For me it is one of those cars that proves you dont need lol 0-100 performance to have enjoyment.

Soldato
thanks was an 08 plate - took a look at it -and lovely car - but not sure how people report to get 2 kids in the back comfortably, even without luggage, as I wasn't sure even the booster seats would fit lol - no-chance

wife liked the Focus ST we saw afterwards though :) - pity about mpg though

so CTR or ST - mmm

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
depends what you want, the ST is certainly the comfortable car and easy to drive. the civic needs to be thrashed to get the most out of it an requires much more involvement from the driver to get the best out of it.

my civic is a very early face lift example that was easily £1000 under market rate at the time [feb 12] at £4500 it was a steal.

you will find that it is the going rate for a facelift. the fact is, not many people want a 2.0l hot hatch with comparatively high running costs at the moment.

it really is a buyers market, and there are good examples going for peanuts because they just aren't selling.

a £5000 EP3 should be coming with the following to command its value:

premier edition
<50K miles
be immaculate
full service history
matching, good tyres all round.

it would also be nice to have
a recent fast road setup done by a reputable place
original parts included in sale if there are any mods on the vehicle

I am sick to death of looking on forums at people who have EP3s and stick rubbish tyres on them, dont see a car with cheapo Toyos or something on there and buy it.
my personal rule is, that if a car has rubbish tyres on it, then where else have corners been cut...

Soldato
thanks useful info for all perspective buyers - cheers :)

personally out of all the hot hatches the EP3s seem to be cheapest to run mpg etc wise

I went to see an Audi A4 2.0T the other day - and nice as it was - I was immediately put off by 3 different brands across the 4 tyres (decent ones at least) ... and one of the tyres had a large arrow pointing the opposite direction of travel ... all my Civic tyres have been assymetrical - so I'm guessing this one was (otherwise why the arrow) - but none of the others - and the arrow pointing the wrong way was not a good sign .... I avoided it ...

vs the Civic FN2 I took a look at (nice but too hard suspension) had Pilot Sport 2s all round - a much better sign :)

Soldato
posted in the show us your motors thread too :)

Collected today :D

20121201_151503.jpg

20121201_151453.jpg

20121201_151447.jpg

20121201_151435.jpg

20121201_151428.jpg

Soldato
re Civics of EP3 age (talking about my wifes Type-S here - but I'm sure it'll be same as EP3) - the car radio - as stock can it be easily replaced by a double din ?

my wifes Sat Nav doesn't work (the laser has gone - typical fault) - radio works, but you can't change any menus etc - whihc is a pain as you always get the sat nav error fault displayed

choice is fixing it (250+) or getting a double din Pioneer or something as a plug in reaplcement

only question though - the standard sat nav - when you go into diagnostics mode, interrogates the Car - shows your ESP readings and all sorts of stuff you don't want to touch

does the EP3 OEM radio do the same ?

if so - what happens if you replace for a 3rd party - you'd loose all that - but does it cause any grief for the car ?

thanks

Associate
Hi NathWraith

why cr-z over honda's or evan other cars?

i've never done a test drive in a cr-z but a few keep popping up around here like to know why...

Permabanned
Just had an annoying knocking noise fixed on my EP3 when going over small bumps. It was the anti roll bar drop links for anyone having a similar issue.

Thanks ABP motorsport in Crewe, top notch service.

Back
Top Bottom