Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
:D
icon14.gif

You've got a good choice for track day cars, EP3 is cheap to buy and run or there's the bargains like EG6 SiR's - comes with a B series like the EK9 and DC2 but alas not as powerful, but that's not always a major issue on track days, low weight will be a winner!

There's a SiR DC2 on the bay but it's been on for ages. I had my eye on it but it doesn't seem to be in good nick at all and the asking price was near £2k last time I looked.

The prelude Type-S I had my eye on is back up for sale, that's pretty cheap looks good in the pictures.

Caporegime
Yeah Preludes are good buys and easy to insure too for those in the ghetto. I'm not sure if I'd want a 2WS or 4WS and then if it's Mech or Electric, Mech being reliable but heavier iirc

Soldato
It's a type-s so it's uncommon to find. The motegi kit etc are common. I don't think I'll purchase it though. I may wait till next year and make a decision depending on my circumstances. Although I suspect a import prelude to have high insurance, no?

Soldato
There's a SiR DC2 on the bay but it's been on for ages. I had my eye on it but it doesn't seem to be in good nick at all and the asking price was near £2k last time I looked.

The prelude Type-S I had my eye on is back up for sale, that's pretty cheap looks good in the pictures.

If its the Type S on ebay then Ive been keeping an eye on that one as well. Looks good from the photos

Soldato
If its the Type S on ebay then Ive been keeping an eye on that one as well. Looks good from the photos

Yup that's the one. Doubt I'll go for it tbh, but it's one of those cars which I would like to own at some point. Just for the sake of driving one and not that I really want one/need one. I think they are underestimated and the rareness of them appeals to me. Maybe sometime in the future I'll bite the bullet and get one.

Soldato
after being disappointed by another non Honda demo today - re-looking out for an EP3 - so if anyone sees a nice one in the S-East/London area give me a shout :)

A local Honda dealer has 2 at 8.5k !!!!

car demoed today was a 06 2.0TFSi S-Line A4 - was nice, quite quick, but felt dated inside, and didn't seem really any-much larger inside than the Civic. The particular car I went to look at wasn't for me quality wise either :(

somehow a lot of these Turbo engines - don't have the character of the Honda engines even if they are "quicker"

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
The interior of a civic isn't quite the level of an audi though.

Before anyone says it, yes. Even the A1...

Soldato
While I worked at pipercross they had the prototype Mugen CRZ for a short while to develop an intake kit, pretty sure it was supercharged IIRC.

I was refering to it sounding broken when on the electric mode considering there isnt one, what with the motor directly coupled to the crank shaft, if the electric motor is turning so is the engine.

Soldato
Someone in the office is considering getting an EP3 Type R. Looking to spend 4-5K, isn't bothered whether it is facelift or not, but ideally wants one with Air Con.

I think after having a 30 second look on Autotrader that there appears to be ok cars available under £4k (Found one that is 1 previous owner, Full Honda SH, all old MOT and Tax Discs, AC, 56k Miles for £3850).

Am I right to think that this is about 'right' money wise, or is this a bit cheap and likely to be hiding Cat D or somesuch.

Back
Top Bottom