Type R and VTEC owners

Apart from the very expensive Fujitsubo Legalis R, are there any quiet aftermarket exhausts for the EP3 (i.e. similar to standard noise levels)?

The backbox on my EP3 has decided to rot and start blowing, and the B pipe is looking very ropey so I'm after a new system. However, being an old git and doing a fair bit of mileage I don't want anything noisy. I was just going to get a genuine Honda OEM system, though it's very expensive for a very simple mild steel system (~£350 for back box and B pipe). However I've been told by the local dealer that the backbox is no longer available which was a surprise. Cheap pattern ones are available for under £50, but I don't trust them to a) last 5 minutes and b) have the gas flow abilities of a cork.

There is a stainless system on eBay that looks like a direct copy of the OEM one, but I've been burnt before with cheap stainless systems made out of tin foil where most of the noise comes from the thin wall pipes and silencers resonating rather than out of the end. Don't suppose anyone has tried this?

I also can't have a B pipe that hangs lower than an OEM one - mine already scrapes on my driveway everytime I park on it (and that's with standard suspension).

Just had an annoying knocking noise fixed on my EP3 when going over small bumps. It was the anti roll bar drop links for anyone having a similar issue.

Thanks ABP motorsport in Crewe, top notch service.

I replaced ARB bushes and the drop links with the expensive heavy duty ones (German made "Meyle") and it made no difference to mine. Strut mounts are tight, bottom balljoints and track rod ends feel ok and there's no excessive movement in the wishbone bushes when using a crowbar on them, so I have a suspicion it may be the steering rack :(

I replaced ARB bushes and the drop links with the expensive heavy duty ones (German made "Meyle") and it made no difference to mine. Strut mounts are tight, bottom balljoints and track rod ends feel ok and there's no excessive movement in the wishbone bushes when using a crowbar on them, so I have a suspicion it may be the steering rack :(

Damn, hope you get it sorted. So annoying when there's a noise which is hard to pinpoint.

Dogbreath. Isn't the tegiwa a copy if the fuji cat back? It sounds decent in videos.
Might be worth looking into

my mistake, the tegiwa is a copy of the RM-01A

can you maybe look at getting a 2nd hand replacement oem back box and an aftermarket silenced bpipe?

depends of course where the corrosion on your existing system is i guess

Seems like a s/h genuine rear box and new silenced B pipe is probably the way to go. The corrosion is mostly concentrated around the area that the two join together. The flanges on both have rotted to an amazing extent, even though the pipes don't seem too bad. If I was feeling motivated I could probably fabricate some new flanges and weld them on, but I'm not!

when i removed my stock system, i was surprised how well the oem back box had lasted. looked very clean.

the b-pipe however was a different story, wouldnt have been long before i would have to replace it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom