Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
3.5k is probably just about doable, will probably be high mileage

as with anything, buy on condition & history, not mileage

Associate
There are a few facelifts for that money and a little more. I prefer facelifts as I like the front better. Ive seen one in good condition but its done about 110K, looks mint. There arent many mint pre-facelifts near me that are good enough for me to spend that money on them.

seens these on ebay. Dont get me wrong I will be seeing them before bidding.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-FACE...?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27cd2835c2&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civ...?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43b61d8ee2&_uhb=1

Also Ive seen a few on ebay for £3.2k and £3.8k

Soldato
I'm sure you've all probably seen it already but there's a group buy for K100 and mapping in CTRO at the moment. If they get over ten its £636 for the K100 and mapping done at Eurospec.

I believe they only need a few more for the £636 price so might be a bargain to be had for someone :)

Would do it myself but I'm selling up at the moment :(

Soldato
Lame pics but work in progress. Waiting for my glue gun so I can mesh up the vents :)
Spoiler delayed but hopefully get it this week back from Sunderland.

I'd like to go on record as saying I don't care for JDM points but got a great deal on my bonnet second hand and already my colour :)

Soldato
Sounds ok to me, it's only £2100, I'd want more than double for mine for example and despite being mint when I had it, other people have caused it to get a 6 inch scratch on the drivers rear 1/4 and a tiny pin dent on the drivers door but I know I'd get £4200 with EASE.

So half the price for much the same car sounds ok to me lol. I'll email you via trust my checklist I made when I was looking for one :)

Those "issues" aint bad... new screen from insurance excess, 75 quid? Some paint work 200 quid if you find anything else which needs doing? Drivers seat... always some for sale on owners forums, facelift ones can be had in very good nick for 150 a pair... not bad.

Associate
Not bad - Looks like I'm getting it for a good price then. Not too bothered about the wear on the driver seat as that'll be covered by my arse anyway :D. Paint I can get sorted for about £100 and windshield again not bothered :)

Man of Honour
OP
Chris do you still have a ATR? What MPG are you getting. Someone is selling a nice one near where I live so I'm deciding to go view it. It's had the 5th gear syncro issue sorted and cambelts done. It has done 120k miles I think but it looks in good condition.

I get between 25-30. It's a thirsty car.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I don't care for JDM points

JDM points for you!

:D

Nice! looks good Noxia

I have my JDM Christmas tree :cool:

0O9TR.jpg

genuine lol.

PS - Can I fit facelift lights onto it or the facelift bumper? Straight forward swap I'm guessing?

I read that there is some wiring involved to do it.

im sure an auto electrician could do it, not something i would like to try myself though

check out this guide...

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?76796-Pre-facelift-to-Facelift-Headlight-Conversion

Man of Honour
OP
Is that combined or urban MPG you're giving, with VTEC/Non-VTEC driving? I'm really interested in the one I've seen.

I get around 30 on the motorway and 25 combined. I ran that silly app on my phone for a while and I think it showed 28 mpg over a few months. I don't bother thinking about it anymore, I just fill up when it's empty. Things will be worse when I get an Evo.

Soldato
Is that combined or urban MPG you're giving, with VTEC/Non-VTEC driving? I'm really interested in the one I've seen.

I get about 25 with boring 6mile commuting through town, which about 240 miles to an empty tank.

But on mixed A-roads, commuting and VTEC fun I get around 28-30.

Motorway chillaxing with a little VTEC = 35.

This is a DC2 though, but boy do these things hate commuting and traffic. Taking a proper Type-R out and giving it a good raping really makes her happy, in a sadistic S&M kind of way.

:)

Soldato
I get about 25 with boring 6mile commuting through town, which about 240 miles to an empty tank.

But on mixed A-roads, commuting and VTEC fun I get around 28-30.

Motorway chillaxing with a little VTEC = 35.

This is a DC2 though, but boy do these things hate commuting and traffic. Taking a proper Type-R out and giving it a good raping really makes her happy, in a sadistic S&M kind of way.

:)

Suppose it shakes the rust off too :cool:

Soldato
aaargh - I've now (stupidly) got 3 weeks left to pick a car ...

I just can't choose between FN2 CW, 07-09 Cupra, Octi VRS or 130i

:( need space for 2 kids in rear, but the FN2 has been tested last weekend for that and they fitted in with plenty of space :)

shot myself well and truly in foot, MOT due mid-January, I know car needs some work, but don't know how much - and its only worth scrap now

but if I put in MOT now to see how much (if a couple of hundred quid fine - will give me a few more months to find the right car) - then if say the car is idnetified as needing £500+ worth of work - I'm stuffed, as I think in theory can't drive the car - as although my old MOT is "valid and in date" - in theory the car has been formally tested, documented (electronically) to be - in the words of the MOT not road-worthy

so I could get pulled by police and/or if I had a crash I'd been in very grey position legally

oh well I suppose I should man-up and just choose!

I found a perfect 130i booked Fri off to get it and it was sold :(

Back
Top Bottom