Type R and VTEC owners

Permabanned
@rjkoneill Like the Cosmic Grey colour. I looked at a flat where you took that photo.

I have an issue with mine at the moment, my engine management light gets triggered and tells me the below.

P0341 - Generic
Type Powertrain - Ignition System or Misfire - ISO/SAE Controlled

Description
Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance

Location Bank 1 or Single Sensor

Now my timing chain is coming up due to be tightened, my cars milege is around 68k. I'm guessing this could also be a trigger. As the two camshaft sensors A and B are the same part, I've swapped them around and reset the fault code. Now if the sensors at fault I'm guessing I should get the Sensor B code now. We will see.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought the chains were for "life" now and never needed touching in theory? Mines on 78k, I won't worry just yet lol.

Rich, car looks so much nicer clean! Cosmic Grey is a lovely colour. Wash it weekly at least :)

Caporegime
UKDM bumper looks far superior to the horrible 96 spec one anyway.

What happened, she just oldied herself into your perky young bum?

Damn Cougars!

96 is horrid, new 98 spec though, I win :o

I was merging/pulling on to a dual carriageway, she was prob looking right, thought I'd gone, smack. Easily done, I've nearly gone into people at roundabout when I thought they'd gone. But of course I'm in a race car, if there was a gap and I didn't take it I'd hang up my keys.

Soldato
Super leggeras in gold?

superleggera-race-gold.jpg

Sayin'?

Soldato
Just had a call my VTI now has a MOT :)

Under their quote too wonder if I can now reach 170k whilst looking for a replacement :)

Whilst the car is old and haggered have rather missed it last week or two I've not driven it

Soldato
Nah Nath. I had Ultraleggeras in matt black on the Scoob. They're good, but the paint is soft, got stone chip on one of them. :/

Get Rota Grids tbh. Look miles better.

On another note, I may be picking up an ATR today.

I'd be buying a second hand set man, so was thinking of refurbing them straight away.

Grids are heavier than stock wheels in 17" too :(

Soldato
Upto you. I reckon they'd look a bit marmite. Have a test fit and see if you like them. Bronze wheels on your car would look :cool:.

I know bronze is win. However most bronze wheels (volks, enkei etc) are anodised and as far as I'm aware most refurb places don't anodise.

I'd want a bronze similar to rota "sports royal bronze" which is US only, not he darker gun metally bronze that AM has.

Man of Honour
OP
Staff car park? Some prat almost went into me on a roundabout on the way home. Clearly cutting across their blind spot. I looked over and all windows bar the front were covered in snow. Luckily there was room to manoeuvre out of their way.

Soldato
Staff car park? Some prat almost went into me on a roundabout on the way home. Clearly cutting across their blind spot. I looked over and all windows bar the front were covered in snow. Luckily there was room to manoeuvre out of their way.

yeah man. Did some handbrake turns before work, controversial I know due to my fantastic ability to lose control of cars. Didn't hit anyone though.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Nath,

i wouldnt be concerned entirely with weight for the alloys, an alloy offering a lower offset and wider surface for wider tyres would improve the handling.
end of the day, a larger wheel will probably weigh more than a smaller one but going larger alloys for lower profile tyres with less roll and a wider track.

i wouldnt personally get OZ wheels. i dont think the style would suit the crz at all.

the ones i would consider are:
enkei RPF1 - done lots and expensive but a classic wheel that suits any car
advan rz - mega expensive but look sweet
rays/volk CE28n - they have a matte bronze one that looks brilliant.
A-Tech Weapon - if you can get hold of some
rays/volk TE37SL - obvious reasons
Work Emotion CR - rota do a copy if you dont want to fork out for the real thing.

tbh, you spent all that time looking for a crz with genuine mugen kit on it, why not save for some awesome wheels for it?

Back
Top Bottom