Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Good to hear Will. Any more details on the car?

Cant post a link cos its been taken off the Honda AUC site but its:

Milano red
Gt pack
Rear parking sensors
Standard 18 inch wheels not the blingy rage ones
Type r sticker/badge pack
39k miles with fhsh
Parrot kit (taking this out however)
Potenzas all round

Getting it with a service, mot and 12 month honda warranty. Was up for 9699, I'm getting it for 9150, they chucking in a rubber boot mat protector thing as well that I asked for :o

I did look at a couple of others and there were cheaper examples given the age, but I found many with poor tyres, missed services, poor condition bodywork etc. This one is pretty mint and seems properly looked after.

I have already got the following bits to fit (lol):

Ds2500 pads all round
Ebc ultimax discs
Hel braided lines
Rbf600 fluid
Alpine ive-535bt double din head unit with bluetooth and ipod control
Impulse cable adapter and official honda facia adaptor for the above
Japspeed quick shift (only costs £20 and seems simple to fit)
Skunk2 billet heavyweight gearknob (bought for the s2000 *sob* but will also fit the fn2)
Leather gearknob gaitor to replace the crappy oem vinyl one.

:D :o

Man of Honour
The car has full main dealer histroy, troll somewhere else Fox :rolleyes:

So it's acceptable for you to **** off Jonnycoupes Insight, but if anyone dares question your car its trolling. Interesting.

btw: You don't need to put new tyres on a car thats being traded in unless they are illegal. Did the previous owner run around on illegal tyres? :p

Soldato
Relentless, I would consider the Michelin pilot super sports when you come to change.
AM has them on his car and Gibbo has been running them on the 911 and they both speak highly.
Wet performance is unreal and even as a passenger you can feel a lot of the feedback from the car.
May be worth a look as they have only just started making them in a size that fits the FN2 and ep3

Sounds good I'll definitely take a look when I come to change them which should be around the end of March

Deposit put down on an FN2 type r GT today \o/

Welcome to FN2 ownership, did you have the S2k and the Fiesta previous or was that someone else?

You can get Alacantra gear gators on ebay, they match the seats and quite good in the pics, I'm going to get one with a Skunk2 gear knob but have other priorities to attend to first

[TW]Fox;23590207 said:
So it's acceptable for you to **** off Jonnycoupes Insight, but if anyone dares question your car its trolling. Interesting.

btw: You don't need to put new tyres on a car thats being traded in unless they are illegal. Did the previous owner run around on illegal tyres? :p

Yeah pretty much its quite obvious its one of the ugliets looking cars around I'm sure he is well aware of this fact and I'm sure he's heard it all before seeing as though he's had it coming on ten years IIRC

Its trolling when you have no idea what you're talking about and simply looking for a reaction such as the time you said the gearbox in my Corolla was going to eat itself because I thought it made a noise which turned out to be perfectly normal, or what about the time I said I bought my car from a Ford main dealer and because it was a Toyota you said it was a POS and would cause me many issues however two years and 20k miles later it hadnt even touched a drop of oil

To be fair its because of these things you come out with that I take everything you say to this day with a delivery load of salt and that your opinion on anything other than the BMW thread holds about as much value with me as the £1 coin that fell out of my pocket whilst driving just now and couldnt be arsed to look for as I didnt want to crash and die because I bought a car with low mileage and full dealer history with one previous owner and of course, cheap tyres therefore you disregard everything else , now thats trolling

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't hang about do you Will? :p

Get it down to TDi North for some Eibach Pro Kit -15mm springs to improve the ride, and get them to install camber bolts and shim to rear to their fast road setup specs!

Soldato
Popped up Brosport today and they had a car messed with by TDI north what refused to idle properly, but they fixed it :) A20 NWK I'm sure I've seen it on some forums, black on rota torques, nice car it was.

Guys, what are good OEM spec brakes for the EP3? I don't need anything fancy but want something good which bite well, don't fade too badly if I do need to stamp on them etc.

I was thinking Pagid discs with the hub bits being painted as it'll keep it looking tidy, but good pads to suit? :)

Soldato
If you hunt around you can get the Super Sports on the 225/45 R17 too. Involves buying from US. They are about £118 a corner, probably tax needed on top.

After shipping and taxes the price will end up being astronomical, not really a viable option is it. No idea why they don't import them in 17" sizes to the UK, I'd buy them. I guess the tyre market in the UK is dominated by bottom of the barrel ditchfinders with no real demand for high end stuff.

Soldato
Popped up Brosport today and they had a car messed with by TDI north what refused to idle properly, but they fixed it :) A20 NWK I'm sure I've seen it on some forums, black on rota torques, nice car it was.

Guys, what are good OEM spec brakes for the EP3? I don't need anything fancy but want something good which bite well, don't fade too badly if I do need to stamp on them etc.

I was thinking Pagid discs with the hub bits being painted as it'll keep it looking tidy, but good pads to suit? :)

Brosport??

Soldato

I went with brembo discs and yellow stuff pads. They have been great so far, much better bite than oem and not a huge amount more expensive.

Soldato
Cheers, I will have to look at prices online :) Are yellow stuff fast road stylee? Do they warm up relatively quickly?

EDIT, Taken - The mechanics from Area Motorsport, the guys who actually do all the work lol, they're brothers hence the name!

Soldato
They are more trackday oriented tbh. Can stand up to quite a bit of punishment although when hot they do make a really awful noise and the pedal feels a bit iffy, never actually seem to lose performance though. I'm sure other similar pads are better, but none are as good value by a long way.

Just as good as greens for road use, you will never get them up to optimal temperature on the streets unless you are driving like a lunatic.

Soldato
After shipping and taxes the price will end up being astronomical, not really a viable option is it. No idea why they don't import them in 17" sizes to the UK, I'd buy them. I guess the tyre market in the UK is dominated by bottom of the barrel ditchfinders with no real demand for high end stuff.

That included shipping to UK. So only tax to pay. Quite viable as a higher end tyre. Check the popular auction site.

Soldato
Cheers, I will have to look at prices online :) Are yellow stuff fast road stylee? Do they warm up relatively quickly?

EDIT, Taken - The mechanics from Area Motorsport, the guys who actually do all the work lol, they're brothers hence the name!

Hmm 37.5 miles to Brosport, and 40 to TDi North.

I wonder who's best? :confused:

Soldato
Pot luck sometimes I think, I mean look at the unmentionable garage with yours and all the good hype they have.

I have receipts from TDI north for mine, the old owner swore by 'em.

Just pot luck! :)

Back to brakes, are green stuffs better than just boggo Honda OEM? I had them on my Corsa way back, good at first, cooked easy, never the same again lol... cheap though!

Caporegime
Honda OEM are worse for cold bite than EBC yellows. I had a full set before I changed to yellows all round and wasn't impressed at all. I was surprised too as I would have thought the genuine Honda pads would have been good.

Back
Top Bottom