Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Quick question, one of my nuts on the rocker cover won't screw tight. I tried another, same problem. Turns out it's the bolt that it screws onto? Am I able to take this off as it pokes up through the hole for the nut to screw onto.

So I'm guessing rocker cover off and then it' screws off? I've seen the part on lingshonda and have been in touch with a person breaking their car. Or are they fixed onto the head or w/e?

Had the same thing on the DC2 and it was bolted onto head so easily replaceable. If you can find the part on lings then that pretty much guarantees it.

Soldato
Borderline dangerous, heard it all now, lol.
They are adequate for the car on the road, the FN2 I had for a short time was ok on the brakes, certainly not terrible at all.

Ok I exaggerated. I did not feel safe with them anyway. Will be getting stoptech or DC5 conversion after my new power mod anyway as my current setup will not be adequate.

Soldato
You and Fernando crack me up

Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!

Ok I exaggerated. I did not feel safe with them anyway. Will be getting stoptech or DC5 conversion after my new power mod anyway as my current setup will not be adequate.

Lose weight most importantly (if you can) the FN2 is a lardy beast. That should help nicely, then get some better pads, hoses and fluid. I'm a big fan of the Carbone Lorraine pads (rc5+), amazing stopping power, although they do squeal like race car :rolleyes::D

A brake conversion isn't really that neccessary unless the brakes really are that bad as standard.

Soldato
I have considered removing rear benches (40kg) and air con but ill do that when I get another car and start to relegate her to a track ****. That's unless I get the DC2 first for my track desires. Still looking.

Soldato
I have considered removing rear benches (40kg) and air con but ill do that when I get another car and start to relegate her to a track ****. That's unless I get the DC2 first for my track desires. Still looking.

I've occassionally removed my rear interior and whilst very racecaresque, it doesn massively increase cabin noise and is a PITA to keep doing.

No point in making the FN2 a track car, just buy some beaten up old rusty Teg to lighten and thrash around a track.

Just make sure you keep enjoying the FN2 rather than just modding for moddings sake. It's like chasing an extra 15fps in your favourite game with new upgrades when it already runs more than well enough with the current setup :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!

:D

In response to the FN2 brake topic, I must say the following based on my recent brake upgrade.

Sure the weather has been shocking but after rigorously following the bedding in instructions, I have a road user analysis of my new kit.

Pedal feel immense and braking power is vastly increased.

Although, I have admittedly done this at the wrong time of year.

Will update after track work on the 3rd of Feb.

Associate
So folks just bought this today, will be fun along with my dc5! It's ultra clean and I love it!

IMG_1642.jpg

Antspic.jpg

Just a picture of my DC5 along with my mate's two DC5s :)

IMG_1638.jpg

Soldato
Borderline dangerous, heard it all now, lol.
They are adequate for the car on the road, the FN2 I had for a short time was ok on the brakes, certainly not terrible at all.

Same, I dont know why everyone bad mouths the brakes, I think are decent enough for the road, I wont be upgrading them anyway, might consider aftermarket discs and pads but nothing overkill

Caporegime
Soldato
I've occassionally removed my rear interior and whilst very racecaresque, it doesn massively increase cabin noise and is a PITA to keep doing.

No point in making the FN2 a track car, just buy some beaten up old rusty Teg to lighten and thrash around a track.

Just make sure you keep enjoying the FN2 rather than just modding for moddings sake. It's like chasing an extra 15fps in your favourite game with new upgrades when it already runs more than well enough with the current setup :)

Yeah I was heading down that road but house is taking priority now. Aside from my FRS and new zorst there won't be anything left to do really. Got a Mugen grille ready to be painted and just want the front lip to finish off the front end. Then wheels gloss black and I'm done. Gonna start cleaning the thing myself next.

Soldato
Frs and exhaust = 3hp
Mugen grille = 3x10^94hp :D

Sounds like a good list of things to get done! Need to get my geo checked again and get her on the dyno for some ****s and giggles.

I Love a clean and sparkly car, but in these months she gets filthy before Ben off the drive so I don't see much point in bothering :p

Soldato
Aye I already have aftermarket but want a bit more noise. Mugen stuff is purely for aesthetics obviously as that's one of the most important things to me.
My geo is shot so thought I'd get the frs done. I've bought a lot of cleaning stuff recently. Just need to use it...

Soldato
Right having a bit of a clear out and I thought I would give the opportunity of some people using my old DC2 parts I have. This is what I have, you can gladly have them for free or just cover postage costs.

Japanparts air filter
Mikayo fuel filter
Ferodo FDB956 rear brake pads
4xBKR7E-11 NGK Plugs

Email in trust if you are intested.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Yes PITG they will be fine.
I got mine on special at ABP for 175 but you can message tegiwa for a discount on tro now

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question, one of my nuts on the rocker cover won't screw tight. I tried another, same problem. Turns out it's the bolt that it screws onto? Am I able to take this off as it pokes up through the hole for the nut to screw onto.

So I'm guessing rocker cover off and then it' screws off? I've seen the part on lingshonda and have been in touch with a person breaking their car. Or are they fixed onto the head or w/e?

yeah just replace the stud. sounds like you overtightened it, do you have a torque wrench?

Back
Top Bottom