Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
First mod done to the FN2, had it less than 48 hours before starting to dismantle it and change things :)

I've replaced the standard vinyl gear gaitor, which had just started to split (like most do after a few miles) with a properly made real leather one bought off ebay, and also replaced the standard gear knob with a Skunk2 billet heavyweight shift knob. It now looks like this....

IbgsrWZ.jpg.png

CVJEdtU.jpg.png

Pretty fiddly job but a nice improvement, nicer in the hand, better looking, and the extra weight makes it feel a little slicker when changing quickly.

Soldato
First mod done to the FN2, had it less than 48 hours before starting to dismantle it and change things :)

I've replaced the standard vinyl gear gaitor, which had just started to split (like most do after a few miles) with a properly made real leather one bought off ebay, and also replaced the standard gear knob with a Skunk2 billet heavyweight shift knob. It now looks like this....

http://i.imgur.com/IbgsrWZ.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CVJEdtU.jpg[IMG]

Pretty fiddly job but a nice improvement, nicer in the hand, better looking, and the extra weight makes it feel a little slicker when changing quickly.[/QUOTE]

That looks cool :cool:

Soldato
What size windscreen wipers are you guys using? My current ones are 24 inches on the drivers side and 15 inches on the passenger side (03 Civic). Would it be ok to get a bigger passenger side wiper blade?

Soldato
I picked up my 56 plate civic 1.8 vtec EX a few weeks ago now. Brimmed the tank on pick up, the light has just come on, i am wondering how much is left in the tank once the light comes on?

Don
I picked up my 56 plate civic 1.8 vtec EX a few weeks ago now. Brimmed the tank on pick up, the light has just come on, i am wondering how much is left in the tank once the light comes on?

IIRC it's normally about 5L left in the tank when the light comes on. Should get you another 30-40 miles, although obviously best to fill up sooner rather than later!

Soldato
IIRC it's normally about 5L left in the tank when the light comes on. Should get you another 30-40 miles, although obviously best to fill up sooner rather than later!

Cheers :) all my journeys are short anyway and i pass quite a few petrol stations on route. I will fill up tonight just to get a gauge on how much that tank will take now the light has just come on, this should give me a decent idea of how much i have left.

To be sure, its a 50 litre tank right?

Soldato
My Mugen badge nearly fell off the spoiler, can anyone recommend a good (strong) double sided tape to use?

Thought about this one '3M VHB RP45 Double Sided Adhesive Foam Tape 1m roll x 12mm wide x 1.1mm thick' but I do not know how good it is. The badge weighs sod all and sits in a recess so the thickness is about right.

Soldato
If anyone is interested i filled up tonight and the car took 43 litres to brim. It would appear that the light comes on with a good 7.5 litres to spare, so easily another 50 miles out of the tank once the light comes on :)

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Anyone know of any super minty mint dc2's for sale?

I'd prefer standard and probably a JDM 98 spec but would settle for a UK one!

Had a look on a few forums and enquired about 2 UK Milano ones. One had 31k miles and was 7k and another had 57k and was 4250. Think both were 2 owner cars. Sadly both were old adverts and sold :(

I suppose I'd like to spend about £5k but flexible!

Soldato
Anyone know of any super minty mint dc2's for sale?

I'd prefer standard and probably a JDM 98 spec but would settle for a UK one!

Had a look on a few forums and enquired about 2 UK Milano ones. One had 31k miles and was 7k and another had 57k and was 4250. Think both were 2 owner cars. Sadly both were old adverts and sold :(

I suppose I'd like to spend about £5k but flexible!

I would stay well away from Milano pink. Unless the car has been resprayed then it will most likely have started going pink on a number of panels.

Just pop on over to itr-dc2.com and have a browse of the Cars for Sale section.

Back
Top Bottom