Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
The Civic was dropped of at Honda and I'm rolling in a 12 plate 0.1L Jazz on stilts, biscuit wheels, a massive steering wheel and hilarious brake pedal travel for the next few days

I thought these things were supposed to be good!?

Soldato
And that's the worry with a 14yr old engine that's clearly not been run very much. I'd take my 80k over one like that any day, at least I know it's been driven properly and has coped with it well!

See I used to think low mileage was a massive selling point until I got into Hondas. If anything it's offputting to a lot of people. Mine is 08 and on 34k so still way below average but I give her a damn good run out every weekend and service more often due to my shortish journeys to work (5 miles each way).
Wouldn't touch 28k on a car that old tbh.

Soldato
Got this today for my FN2....not had much of a play with it yet though, might put the Group N map on it at the weekend, but might wait until I get two new tyres on the front!

9RWcBKf.jpg.png

Soldato
What didn't you like about the Group N tune?

I only plan on using it with that map for a short time until I get the other bits that I have planned fitted - namely a Mugen airbox (got a good condition second hand one on its way) and possibly a HKS Legamax or Blueflame exhaust (not decided which yet but I don't want something too loud thats for sure).

I've heard the Group N map likes to VTEC a bit too much, 3800rpm being a bit low, but upping the activation pressure to 0.9 rather than the stock 0.8 apparently stops it being so keen to engage at moderate throttle openings, rather than WOT.

Once I have the mods fitted its either deciding on whether I will let TDI North map it, or go down the e-tunez route with someone like vitviper or civRSA.

Last edited:
Soldato
The VTEC kicked in so early, was just noise and no pull, mine comes on 5k WOT 6K normal. You won't find anyone who agrees here but look on Civinfo about etunes vs dyno. Vitality (vitviper) did mine and it is immense. Took 32 revisions but he's a perfectionist and I couldn't be happier. I understand the arguments and facts about the various methods of tuning but most is just conjecture, speak to Ash Rage on civinfo. vit did his super charged FN2 and it hasn't blown up yet.
Also a few members had issues with the maps from the big boy tuners up north, mainly part throttle related and Vit fixed a few people up. He doesn't lock his maps either as he has nothing to hide.

Soldato
So I have a 56 plate civic ex and I am looking to update the satnav DVD. Is ere an alternative to going to Honda and forking out £105?

Soldato
What have you done to your civic Noxia? Spec/power? :)

Nothing much, race manifold to free up some midrange and a CAI. Not really a figure chaser (otherwise I'd have bought a turbo). Got a single exit exhaust as well but the gains from that are negligible at best.
I'm more than happy as it is and not really looking to spend a lot more money on performance mods at this point. More aesthetics now really.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys/gals

Ive been looking at CTR's for a while now. My only question is where is the best place to get one?
Ive looked and the ones on autorader, fleebay etc but sick of seeing the same ones for sale. Im looking for something that has been looked at and well my budget would be whatever I get for my current car £2600-£3500.

Cheers

Soldato
Hi guys/gals

Ive been looking at CTR's for a while now. My only question is where is the best place to get one?
Ive looked and the ones on autorader, fleebay etc but sick of seeing the same ones for sale. Im looking for something that has been looked at and well my budget would be whatever I get for my current car £2600-£3500.

Cheers

Where are you located?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi guys/gals

Cheers

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ic-type-r/honda-civic-mk6-type-r-2004/1023461

or this looks decent value

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ic-type-r/honda-civic-mk6-type-r-2004/1043852

last service should really have had the major work done though and not just oil and filters. :o

this looks like a decent enough example even if it is dpfl

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ic-type-r/honda-civic-mk6-type-r-2003/1032280

Soldato
FN2's. Which folks her have driven them and EP3's? What did you like or dislike?

Is the ride as bad as people make out?

Bored of looking at my EP3 now, need to do something about changing it I think to keep me happy.

Soldato
FN2's. Which folks her have driven them and EP3's? What did you like or dislike?

Is the ride as bad as people make out?

Bored of looking at my EP3 now, need to do something about changing it I think to keep me happy.

I'm not really a massive petrol head (hence why I have FN2 lol lol lol) but have driven both just on the road 'enthusiastically' um, not much in it for me personally. EP3 was more comfortable fo sure but I chose my FN2 for the marmite aesthetics and the fact it had a few more mod cons.
EP3 has the best gearstick placement ever.

Back
Top Bottom