Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
My ep3 vs fn2 debate was swayed by looks, toys, and interior, in favour of the newer version.. The fn2 ride is pretty damn poor for a standard car, if thats what annoys you the most about your ep3 I can't imagine the fn2 pleasing you. But there's not as much wind and engine noise as the ep3s ive been in. Its a more refined and grown up car but still the more hardcore option compared to the likes of the golf gti, focus st etc.

Soldato
FN2's. Which folks her have driven them and EP3's? What did you like or dislike?

Is the ride as bad as people make out?

Bored of looking at my EP3 now, need to do something about changing it I think to keep me happy.

Spend all this money on your Ep3 then sell it. Yup seems like a great idea..........

I think the heatshields are the two on the exhaust manifold/header tubes, might burn the paint off? or set something alight under the bonnet...

Saving weight .... Like a true Type-R owner :D

K20 is in a completely different orientation to my B18 dso I have no idea if removing heatshields off the mani could lead to a risk of fire. Better consult forums and others experiences.

Just have a play around with it (if you can reach it). I removed my wxhaust heat shield as it was vibrating annoyingly. Now I have one of these new age fangly dangly under cabin heaters ;):D

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
selling an EP3 to buy an FN2 makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

taken, i have no heatshields on my whole exhaust or drive shaft. it causes no problems, if they are rattling, take them off.

Soldato
Makes sense to me, want a newer car with a better interior, more modern less miles, more kit, jap and has a high revving engine thats not too powerful for the road then an fn2 is the only option

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Makes sense to me, want a newer car with a better interior, more modern less miles, more kit, jap and has a high revving engine thats not too powerful for the road then an fn2 is the only option

why spend 600 boys on lowering it and pre remedial suspension work then?

at least get the moneys worth out of it tbh

Soldato
No idea, depends on how happy he is with the EP3 in its current state, how much it would cost to make him happy with it and whether he can be arsed to do it, how much is owed on the EP3 if at all and how much he can spend and if he can afford to write the £600 off, in other words it all depends on his situation

GT3

GT3

Soldato

Cheers, sounds promising, although 150k+ B series without a rebuild :eek:

I know mileage doesn't mean everything with most cars, my other car is a 170k mile diesel but surely a type r is a ticking time bomb at that mileage? Rest of the car sounds perfect apart from coilovers, wheels and bonnet, I'd much prefer standard parts!

I also like the look of this one, with some silver 98 spec wheels would look lovely!

http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=100383

Caporegime
I know the JDM hasn't been with that guy (the brothers) for long, so that would get the alarm bells ringing. After being stung myself for a full rebuild I'd want a wet pressure and leak down test done to satisfy me that there's no issue. Also I'd like to get a look in the arches.

Won't be much to exchange the mods for standard parts - just a small amount of hassle.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I know the JDM hasn't been with that guy (the brothers) for long, so that would get the alarm bells ringing. After being stung myself for a full rebuild I'd want a wet pressure and leak down test done to satisfy me that there's no issue. Also I'd like to get a look in the arches.

Won't be much to exchange the mods for standard parts - just a small amount of hassle.

Yep those are things I'd want to look at, the arches mainly!

That one you posted hasn't been with the owner long since he's spent nearly 10k on it. Seems a bit fishy to make a car perfect, then get rid of it for half the cost!

Associate
Soldato
Ordered some DS2500s from Larkspeed.

Need them by Saturday as they'll be getting fitted on the morning so sent them an email off and they've pushed it through and guaranteed delivery for tomorrow :)

They seem like good guys so if they do come tomorrow then I'll carry on using them in future :)

Soldato
No VTEC for me for a couple of days, FN2 has gone back to the dealer, I have to say they have been pretty good.

Got myself a courtesy car, 2012 Civic 1.4SE petrol, thankfully avoiding the pink Honda Jazz that I was expecting to be presented with. Somewhat gutless, lacking in almost any feel through the controls, but its quiet, refined, absolutely sips fuel, rides pretty well, and probably the easiest car to just drive around in that I've ever been in. I do think the front end looks cool as well with the DRLs et al :o

x0Rb1tp.jpg.png

I said about the dealer being quite good about fixing the little issues with no quibbles, one good thing is they are getting me a whole new door handle for the Type R, rather than just sticking the silver trim back on which is apparently a common dealer 'fix' when this issue (where the clips holding the silver part of the door handle onto the rest snap near the front, leaving the handle slightly loose) arises.

Back
Top Bottom