Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
You went from a twin turbo Supra to a 1.4 Jazz and you didnt get annoyed with the power, I see why you went for a CRZ over an FN2, everyone might as well just go all out and sell their performance cars to go rolling to work in 1.0L's because hey, who will know the difference! :rolleyes:

What's the issue. I drive my gfs 1.2 Clio and don't really care for its lack of power. I just drive it together from A to B without slowing down for roundabouts.

Caporegime
Sell your S2K and use it everyday then.

Why would I need to do something as irrational as that.

I know the car is slow so I don't pretend it's fast. Therefore I don't get annoyed by its lack of power, instead it's more useful and better on fuel than mine for longer trips. Not that I need to justify it of course.

As Nath said. You are being overly dramatic. If you drove sensibly you might actually get decent MPG (although if the jazz is anything like the Yaris then it's a horrific driving experience)

Anyway
The best car is 3 of them rather than a single compromised one

Soldato
Well I do get annoyed by its lack of power and I dont care much for fuel consumption otherwise I wouldnt have bought a 2.0 petrol so if thats overly dramatic then pass me my crown

IMO Nath is justifying his downsizing to himself, anyone here would get annoyed with a small capacity engine for day to day driving

Caporegime
Anyone? I've just said I don't and I'm sure many others won't

What have you had that's fast anyway? It's not like a vtec engine is a fire breathing fast car. Someone with a 300hp+ car would find a CTR slow and would get annoyed with having to rag it everywhere.

It's all relative

Soldato
The 1.6 focus i regularly drive doesn't annoy me, even if i am driving it having just got out the mx5. But then i don't expect the focus to be fast...

Same with works smart cars, only thing that annoys me with that is the gearbox, not the engine!

Soldato
Anyone? I've just said I don't and I'm sure many others won't

What have you had that's fast anyway? It's not like a vtec engine is a fire breathing fast car. Someone with a 300hp+ car would find a CTR slow and would get annoyed with having to rag it everywhere.

It's all relative

I've never once claimed to have owned a fast car, I think you're going off on a tangent here, I simply said the Jazz irritates me and isnt anywhere near as good on fuel than I would expect compared to my 2.0 Civic, not sure where I claimed to have ever owned anything fast TBH

You know exactly what I'm talking about, your just being awkward

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I'm in the same boat as Simon. Drive my girlfriends 1.2 clio from time to time.

We live in the city centre so the traffic is the same if I'm in her clio or my type r.
If anything a car like that encourages careful driving from me.

Soldato
Pathetic Honda and TypeR owners.

You're supposed to drive it come rain or snow, dry or wet, clear windscreen or internally frozen with permafrosted shut doors.

Leave this thread, you are shamed from now on and must walk the wastelands!

OcUK Staff
I drive my Jaaaag quite often which has close to 150BHP less than the 911 and can't do corners at all, but I adapt my driving style and I actually love it as it's so comfy and great for day to day grind when roads are in a state or an epic motorway haul.

OcUK Staff
Two new tyres coming, so the lucky new owner of my Accord won't have to worry about tyres for a while!

As much as I like Evo's, I keep looking at FD2's.

As a drivers car and if you do a lot of track days FD2 is a superb choice, but for a car used mainly on uk roads, EVO every time, the FD2 would probably not know where it went on a uk country road blast.

Caporegime
Pathetic Honda and TypeR owners.

You're supposed to drive it come rain or snow, dry or wet, clear windscreen or internally frozen with permafrosted shut doors.

Leave this thread, you are shamed from now on and must walk the wastelands!

I do. Just I have friends/cats/lots of luggage stopping me using it all the time:p

Soldato
I do. Just I have friends/cats/lots of luggage stopping me using it all the time:p

Cats will fit in the boot, luggage can be downsized and friends can drive themselves. Problem? :D

Relentless is just confused these days, TypeRs just dont have the same warp factor 9 that a Corolla TSport has ;)

Soldato
Relentless is just confused these days, TypeRs just dont have the same warp factor 9 that a Corolla TSport has ;)

I'm seriously considering selling my FN2 later in the year and replacing it with another T-Sport :) You get over excited about the Type-R thing dont you, its a bit corny

VTEC is addictive I imagine.

Sensible low powered cars generally dont come with the features of VTEC, I think the point has been totally lost. As I've already said, forget VTEC I'm talking about a low capacity engine versus a larger capacity engine for day to day driving

If you drive your girlfriends car every now and then you know its just every now and again and you're going to give it back meaning you'll be driving your own car again the next day. Everyone here knows what I am talking about its exactly the reason why you use this forum and post in this thread otherwise you wouldnt care about performance cars, if you're lucky enough to own a commuter and a weekend car then thats a different story

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm seriously considering selling my FN2 later in the year and replacing it with another T-Sport :) You get over excited about the Type-R thing dont you, its a bit corny

Everyone here knows what I am talking about its exactly the reason why you use this forum and post in this thread otherwise you wouldnt care about performance cars, if you're lucky enough to own a commuter and a weekend car then thats a different stoMry

Chance would be a fine thing....

Ironically if you did get a T Sport that would be the reason to no longer post in this thread.

Soldato
Chance would be a fine thing....

Ironically if you did get a T Sport that would be the reason to no longer post in this thread.

After an EJ8, EK3 2 x MB6's 2 x EK4's, EM2, Prelude VTI, Accord Sport and an FN2 I cant think of any better reason to post in this thread with relevant information or shall I just do what everyone else does, try and cause an argument over ridiculous things such as everyone here suddenly doesnt mind owning a 1.0L to drive to and from work but few if anyone actually own one :confused:

Back
Top Bottom