Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
I'm offering a different point of view that's all. I never said everyone should be driving 1.0 cars

Relentless is relentless

Soldato
I'm offering a different point of view that's all. I never said everyone should be driving 1.0 cars

Relentless is relentless

So am I, yes I am.

How big do you think my engine is?

I'm not sure being so indecisive offers anyone else much guidance on car selection either?

You gave up on fast cars and modding to use a car for the purpose of cheap motoring

I love it, ownership experiance counts for nothing on a motoring forum, brilliant.

Last edited:
Soldato
So am I, yes I am.

You're proving my point, you gave up on fast cars and modding to use a car for the purpose of cheap motoring

I love it, ownership experiance counts for nothing on a motoring forum, brilliant.

Lets be honest. You haven't really got much credibility,

Gave up on fast cars and modding them? Hell no, I just get paid to do it now and don't currently need a quick car. You said no one here has a 1 litre for work - I do. That was simply some fact to counter your opinionate hyperbole. How 'ridiculous'?

Its not like anything in the Honda stable has been fast anyway. Which fast car are you hoping to get one day rather than going to work and back in a hatchback? ;)

Soldato
The only reason I dont have much credibility on here is because I dont mind calling people up on some of the crap they come out with, I mean seriously this is all because I said a Jazz isnt as good on fuel as you would think because I feel I have to wring its neck to get it to move anywhere more than I would a car with a 2.0 engine! Its a plain and simple fact!

The post is a like a bread crumb thrown into a pond, the little fish gets there first and has a nibble (Nathwraith in this case) then the slightly bigger fish notice a bit of commotion and make their way over for a bit of the action and before you know it you've got you or whatever relation you are with Simon and Fox comes in for a little peice of the action, realises he drives a 3.0 Straight 6 and backs away quietly, its quite honestly highly amusing to read how desperate you people are for an argument at something that is quite a valid point!

I've already said I havent claimed to have owned anything fast, why arent you reading my posts properly if you are replying to them? And what kind of a question is that, the Civic is a shopping trolly hatchback, thats why I buy hatchbacks?

If you're trying to make out that I think VTI's and Type-R's are some kind of fast car then you are very mistaken

Last edited:
Soldato
The only reason I dont have much credibility on here is because I dont mind calling people up on some of the crap they come out with, I mean seriously this is all because I said a Jazz isnt as good on fuel as you would think because I feel I have to wring its neck to get it to move anywhere more than I would a car with a 2.0 engine! Its a plain and simple fact!

You can do that and maintain and even develop credibility... unfortunately you dont. You dont need to wring its neck to get it to move anywhere which is where your 'feeling' really isnt the case. Your'e probably just trying to cover the same familiar roads at the same speeds as your Civic. You then go on to confuse that 'feeling' as fact - even utlising an exclaimation mark :eek:

I think its actually all to do with you posting. The context of the post rarely matters.

If you're trying to make out that I think VTI's and Type-R's are some kind of fast car then you are very mistaken

So how have I given up on fast cars if I never had one in the first place?

Everyone loves a good argument anyway - thats why we are all in here. The same reason the phrase 'stuck in traffic' is stupid - you are the traffic.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can do that and maintain and even develop credibility... unfortunately you dont. You dont need to wring its neck to get it to move anywhere which is where your 'feeling' really isnt the case. Your'e probably just trying to cover the same familiar roads at the same speeds as your Civic. You then go on to confuse that 'feeling' as fact - even utlising an exclaimation mark :eek:

I think its actually all to do with you posting. The context of the post rarely matters.

So how have I given up on fast cars if I never had one in the first place?

Everyone loves a good argument anyway - thats why we are all in here. The same reason the phrase 'stuck in traffic' is stupid - you are the traffic.

Then why doesnt everyone just drive around in small capacity cars then? I cannot get my head around why you seem to think a low capacity and higher capacity engined car are the same to drive on a daily basis, its just a blatent lie really isnt it

You know what I mean, fast/quick, used in the same context in one post, not in another, my point was obvious but for the sake of argument you chose to ignore it

This is the only forum I know where people ignore fact and/or someones opinion to argue and take it to the extreme sometimes with hilarious results, I mean credibilty on an internet forum has been brought into it, seriously people care about that?

Soldato
This is like a play ground and it doesnt help that you take the bait relentlessly. Like the kid in the play ground getting wound up all the time, the crowd's enthusiasm to wind you up is equally relentless

Soldato
This is like a play ground and it doesnt help that you take the bait relentlessly. Like the kid in the play ground getting wound up all the time, the crowd's enthusiasm to wind you up is equally relentless

I know, and with posts like the below its amazing why I bother to respond, I wouldnt say I get wound up I think a lot of the time its funny especially when I think that these people probably got bullied in school and thats why its so important to argue on the internet to them

Everyone loves a good argument anyway - thats why we are all in here.

Soldato
that is sort of why were here though.

to talk about cars

banter

like when youre out with your IRL friends (LOL) i highly doubt you all act like perfect gentlemen all the time, and its not that different here, dont get up tight about it

back to honda stuff, there is a time and place for counselling and cuddling and this isnt it

Man of Honour
OP
So:

evoix6.jpg

Or:

vivid_blue_fd2_001.jpg

the-comic-book-guy-pondering1.gif

Last edited:
Caporegime
I couldn't possibly comment. I got bullied.

In reality I'm no different on here than real life. If you talk crap I will pick up on it like a fly around poo

Soldato
No idea what IRL means?

As for the pics;

If you're modding then the FD2 as I hear they are particulary crap on UK roads, not sure how much truth there is in that, depends on what you're used to I suppose

If you're not modding so much then the Evo, I want one but theres just no need for either of these cars, my next car is going to be a 1.0L Micra based on the excellent advice from those at OCUK Motors

Man of Honour
OP
I'd put different coilovers on it, AST come highly regarded but I may look at a set of Ohlins or Zeal, something of that ilk. I'd mod the FD2 to around 250 hp with full exhaust, intake and Hondata. Evo would have the usual remap and few bits to make it 400 or close to. Thing is I'm not sure either would end up being my daily, may buy a separate commuter. All depends if my GF moves with me or keeps her job in London I guess.

OcUK Staff
I'd put different coilovers on it, AST come highly regarded but I may look at a set of Ohlins or Zeal, something of that ilk. I'd mod the FD2 to around 250 hp with full exhaust, intake and Hondata. Evo would have the usual remap and few bits to make it 400 or close to. Thing is I'm not sure either would end up being my daily, may buy a separate commuter. All depends if my GF moves with me or keeps her job in London I guess.

You've done Vtec YO, time to experience turbo rush and lag. :D

Soldato
that is sort of why were here though.

to talk about cars

banter

like when youre out with your IRL friends (LOL) i highly doubt you all act like perfect gentlemen all the time, and its not that different here, dont get up tight about it

back to honda stuff, there is a time and place for counselling and cuddling and this isnt it

Shouldn't you be outside fixing your drive? :p

Back
Top Bottom