Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
PITG would you be considering doing a basic write up on the calipers if possible please I want to do mine and havent a clue where to start I've never done it before

Well I haven't looked into it but I'd most likely be sanding it down. Wrapping everything in the wheel arch with newspaper and then spraying (or using a brush) this all over it :p

Caporegime
What the hell is going on in here?

Anyway, new brakes are on :D

rdtUPJE.jpg

Bed them in properly and the stopping power is so so so much better over OEM and I'm sure they'll get even better :)

Calipers are going to get repainted next time I do a good cleaning session when I'll be whipping the wheels off.

No more stickers!

Soldato
img3731bk.jpg

The AT-ARRGGHHHHHH.

Associate
Sorry Relentless, completely forgot to respond to this!

The reason I asked is because I work at the factory in Swindon (producers of Civic/Jazz/CRV) and it's idiotic comments like that about fuel economy that can potentially damage a brand and are usually made by plonkers that have a chip on their shoulder (not saying that you are!).

It's a 1.2/1.4 litre city car, if you drive it like you stole it then I'm sorry to say your gonna have a bad time mpg wise. I don't know what else you were expecting. It's not built to keep up with fast rep mobiles and the like which is what I assume you are talking about?

They are good, solid and reliable little cars that will go on forever and still have enough "pep" to be fun around town. If you want to go racing then stick with the Type-Rs or even consider a Jazz Si and do a k20 swap?!

I fully appreciate this will probably land on deaf ears and you'll come in with some other tosh about why I'm so wrong and we should all pack up and become CTS owners but either way I wanted to say my bit!

Oh, whoever said they were in an I-Dtec earlier, was it the new 1.6 or a 2.2? The 1.6 is fantastic!

Edit:

Just realised what I said is partially in the context of owning a Jazz which you obviously don't! Still the general gist of my point stands

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Alex for the info, I'm off to advertise my car and get myself a Jazz, I need to keep up with fast rep mobiles after all :confused:

Is that an OEM badge? Mine is flaking and needs replacing but I beleive they are around £25, if there is a good quality alternative for cheaper I could just go for that

Man of Honour
OP
Desperately need new tyres on the front of my car. I get a set delivered tomorrow, just hope I get time to have them fitted today.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
first day on track yesterday.

here is one of the better videos i have. recorded one with Tourque app meaning i had the overlay of speed and rpm but that was earlier on in the day and i haven't figured out how to upload that yet.

unfortunately my phone cut out of battery mid way through my best session where there was a track focussed EP3 and a Focus ST Mountune on track with me.

Gibbo has some hilarious footage of an Audi S4 being thrashed to within an inch of its life.

I have never seen such unmerciful understeer!

few pics also:

_XXX0633.jpg

XSP_0062.jpg

XSP_0156.jpg

XSP_157.jpg

XSP_0378.jpg

Back
Top Bottom