Type R and VTEC owners

Don
I thought the timing chains & tensioners on those engines were supposed to be bullet-proof? I was speaking to a mechanic at TGM a couple of years ago and he mentioned that he'd never seen a failed chain?

OcUK Staff
Hi there

A bit of recording I did, following RJK's EP3 for a while to record some footage of his car for him, after 2-3 laps, I put then put the hammer down and off I went on my own thing. :)

Soldato
Just got quoted £325 for a full service at my local Honda dealership. Is this about right or are they taking the ****? Would it be much cheaper at a normal garage for a full service?

Soldato
Thanks for the video, I think I need a quieter exhaust so people can't hear my crap gear changes. The noddy car (red with yellow stripe) should have let you pass a lot sooner, karma got him though.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Thanks for the video, I think I need a quieter exhaust so people can't hear my crap gear changes. The noddy car (red with yellow stripe) should have let you pass a lot sooner, karma got him though.

I think in fairness he was maybe confused, because I let him pass at the start of the video whilst I was doing some filming for Rich, of course he'd of not known I was driving slower than I could.

So he was probably a little shocked that I was all of a sudden pushing him along, though I suspect he was trying very very hard, considering he nearly lost it in front of me and showed me in mud, but he did gesture to apologise when I passed him, so fair enough. :)

OcUK Staff
Aye, fair play. He seemed to control his little mishap quite well.

Yep, I was slowing right down as when he came back on the track in front of me I was preparing to have to stop very quick or make sure I did not collect him. But he held it and carried on. :)

Soldato
A nice parcel arrived today.... :D

iEYIGd7.jpg.png

What's inside....a genuine Mugen FN2 cold air induction system, retail price an eye watering £985 plus vat...!

Here is the main airbox itself....

cHLJjU0.jpg.png

Also got some carbon fibre fog light scoops...

ENX3dRN.jpg.png

I also have the big FRP duct that replaces the lower end of the OEM intake tract and takes air from the foglight location when combined with the scoopspictures above, I did take a photo of that but somehow deleted it...its basically a big plastic tube. with a trumpet on the end, no carbon bling.

The whole intake kit is 12 months old, complete, in mint condition apart from needing a clean...cost me £380! Quite happy with that price given the condition and retail price :D

Soldato
Yeah sorry, I know people might think I'm mad for the Mugen body parts but I see those every day. I couldn't justify spending that on an air intake when there are options for a quarter of the price that out perform. It looks nice under the bonnet but come on. Still, each to their own and I hope you don't regret it Will, you could have done a few 'must have' mods for the FN2 for the price of that mate.
Also if those are genuine scoops then jesus christ.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Will, good to see you got a genuine intake and not the tegiwa one. Seems you got a good deal on it (that everyone else must not have read)

Soldato
Will, good to see you got a genuine intake and not the tegiwa one. Seems you got a good deal on it (that everyone else must not have read)

Or they did read but still agree it's extortionate for what it is. Like the £200 off the Mugen wing to make it a steal at £1247 ;) I hold my hands up and admit I missed the price, sorry. Yes it's great for that price! Speed reading ftl.

I get over excited when I see pictures ;)

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I would still prefer a genuine wing to a replica. I know body parts are hard to spot a fake with but it's that satisfaction that you have the real deal imho.

I have thought about this sort of thing a bit and decided that it is better to save and get the real deal.

I would feel like a bit of a loser if I was trying to pass off a fake as the real deal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom