Type R and VTEC owners

Permabanned
Apparently it's "on the edge", the engine management light can stay off for a few days but will then come on again with the same error code.

TDI North say it's 99% the timing chain has stretched and have seen it a number of times. Their going to check it first.

Soldato
hmmm losing coolant from the expansion tank on the CRX. Can't see any leaks and the oil is a normal colour. It's not overheating, either.

Thoughts? It's on 161k so dodgy water pump or even headgasket isn't out of the question I guess?

Man of Honour
OP
Apparently it's "on the edge", the engine management light can stay off for a few days but will then come on again with the same error code.

TDI North say it's 99% the timing chain has stretched and have seen it a number of times. Their going to check it first.

Ah, fair enough. Sorry to hear!

Soldato
Yeah, if your subscribe to the 'mod like this shopping list', but its nice to atleast have a decent feel for what it offers.

Not enough +1s on my keyboard!

Don't you need that inlet manifold and proper mapping for the best gains with Kpro

If you have the monies then an engine builder who knows what he is doing is worth his weight in gold. BOlting bits on then getting a Kpr0 with a generic map is very retarded :D:p

One of my friends has a stunning B18 in his hillclimb DC2, 206hp at the wheels on the Dynapack system where a std DC2 makes around 140hp.

All in a Teg which is pushing 800Kg :D

Ah, fair enough. Sorry to hear!

Yup, that's a bummer. Always nice seeing a £600 bill which shouldn't really be required for most :(

Soldato
It feels and looks better, the weave is in a different league completely. Imagine real leather compared to fake leather.

The difference in weave is weave width rather than quality, both use the same grade fiber weave, just different density as one is far cheaper than the other (hence the reason Tegiwa do it so cheaply).

Some Tegiwa parts are fine, no issues with them at all but others are also quite poor... The bolts, washers, wheel nuts etc are all very good quality. The Manifolds and exhausts quality isn't as good as the likes of Toda etc but the value far out weighs this. Ive not seen all of the body parts but the vented FN2 bonnet is very good however I did notice the weave wasn't quite "straight" at one point which did put me off. A saving of £700 over the official Js is a good saving though and that saviong could well be put to good use on something else such as a manifold, exhaust or even a new set of wheels.

I think most people purchase replicas or "close to" copies as its sensible buying rather than just money saving.

Soldato
The difference in weave is weave width rather than quality, both use the same grade fiber weave, just different density as one is far cheaper than the other (hence the reason Tegiwa do it so cheaply).

And in either case an airbox is totally pointless doing in carbon fibre, the structural proporties of the resin are sufficient for the job, let alone there are fibres of anysort.

How is it the same grade fibre weave, just different density? :confused: You have the fibres, the weave if its uni direction cloths rather than UD tape and its hardly like you need crimped cloth to offer double curvature...

Jesus just do it out of glass and 'carbon' plastip it.

Soldato
A couple of the turbo FN2 and FI ones are raving about Syron tyres. I know a lot of people get their snob mode on with tyre brands but I'm going to give them a shot. If they work fine with 400lb-ft I reckon I'll be ok too.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I think most people purchase replicas or "close to" copies as its sensible buying rather than just money saving.

i had £400 to buy an intake, i could have got a tegiwa intake but a second hand gruppe m costs the same. so it makes more sense to get the real deal.

i have seen both and the GM looks awesome, the tegiwa looks crap in comparison.

the majority of my mods are second hand. but i have the satisfaction of knowing they are legit and not some knock off fake.

way i see it, if you cant afford genuine stuff new, then the second hand market for legit parts is always there where the real thing is much cheaper.

why buy a tegiwa mani when a 2nd hand toda one costs the same money?

its nothing to do with sensible buying or money saving when the costs are identical.

Soldato
i had £400 to buy an intake, i could have got a tegiwa intake but a second hand gruppe m costs the same. so it makes more sense to get the real deal.

i have seen both and the GM looks awesome, the tegiwa looks crap in comparison.

the majority of my mods are second hand. but i have the satisfaction of knowing they are legit and not some knock off fake.

way i see it, if you cant afford genuine stuff new, then the second hand market for legit parts is always there where the real thing is much cheaper.

why buy a tegiwa mani when a 2nd hand toda one costs the same money?

its nothing to do with sensible buying or money saving when the costs are identical.

Theres something to be said for 'scene tax' items bought second hand. Run it for 2 years or so and you can pretty much sell for the same price. :)

Just think if you got a Tegiwa secondhand though ;)

Caporegime
A couple of the turbo FN2 and FI ones are raving about Syron tyres. I know a lot of people get their snob mode on with tyre brands but I'm going to give them a shot. If they work fine with 400lb-ft I reckon I'll be ok too.

What type of tyres are they? I've got Hankook RS2's but they are a 'Road going track tyre' and take time to warm up (also not the best in the wet/cold), that's still a crown held by the usual suspects.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Theres something to be said for 'scene tax' items bought second hand. Run it for 2 years or so and you can pretty much sell for the same price. :)

Just think if you got a Tegiwa secondhand though ;)

thats my point, a 2nd hand legit item will sell for what you paid for it. i know my N1 and GM would sell for the price i paid.

like Chris said -
It's like buying a Tag versus getting a fake. Sure, the fake tells the time, but it's never a Tag.

i have made a few bad purchases since owning my car and eventually ended up buying the genuine parts instead.

nobody wants to be a knock off nigel :)

Back
Top Bottom