Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
haha why what is it you're trying to prove? I'll make it easier for you, you're trying to prove that a jazz is more suitable to an fn2 for commuting, is say it isn't, we will go around and around as its personal preference I couldn't commute in a car a with a small engine it irritates me, you are happy to do this, end of story

2.0 L 4 pot is a small engine too. Engine size isn't always relative to fuel consumption though.

please tell me more about how you have just decked your car out in pilot super sports :o

someone put them on a 500BHP car and they worked well. i wonder how the same car would handle if put on more highly regarded tyres?

I don't personally see the logic in achieving 500bhp and then skimping on consumables.

It appears that Syron seem to be one of those brands that civinfo love which is great. in my experience from my fiesta ST. the ST forums sang praises of Uniroyal rain sports regarding them as the godsend for wet and dry performance, handling and grip. when in actual fact they are a truly average tyre that is easily outperformed by spending less than a tank of fuel more on your budget.

I agree that not all premium brand tyres live up to the expectations, but it does make me laugh when you see people rocking T1Rs and Uniroyals on cars where the main selling point is its handling and not its straight line capability.

So true.

People on the supra forum using falkens LOL

Suspended
haha why what is it you're trying to prove? I'll make it easier for you, you're trying to prove that a jazz is more suitable to an fn2 for commuting, is say it isn't, we will go around and around as its personal preference I couldn't commute in a car a with a small engine it irritates me, you are happy to do this, end of story

Seriously im trying to prove nothing. Just trying to understand the context of £8 of saving.

You dont drive my commute so you have no idea how annoying it is in a 250bhp S2000 let alone a 542bhp car.

Soldato
The context is on my commute and general use over 7 days the jazz used £8 less in the week as my civic would use in an average week, its not hard to understand there wasn't any scientific experiments involved its based on average use

Soldato
Hello Noxia, was it not Dezi who was featured in the fast car mag this month sporting some lovely Syron tyres? And was it not these very tyres that are capable of handling 500+ bhp where as the usual Potenzas and contis can not? I seem to think that it was indeed Dezi and it was indeed Syrons on his car...

That would make you oh so very much correct and all of the "mcdonalds car park point finders" oh so very wrong now wouldnt it?

I love it when a plan comes together!

Snobery by brand.. typical of todays brand whores assuming rather than knowing.

:)

I put P6000s on my Veyron and they handle 1000+hp well, other Veyron forum users agree...................................

Why don't you show us some actual tests with hard facts, then we might take your info a little more seriously than having to believe:

- Some bloke had some on a car and said they were ace.
- You are all snobs.
- Ner ner.

;):D

Twelvty, its twelvty miles :D

So desperate aren't you Jonny, you must prove jazz is better or your day is fail

Not desperate, he's just trying to get some facts and figures out of you, something you cannot seem/want to provide.

Suspended
Twelvty, its twelvty miles :D

So desperate aren't you Jonny, you must prove jazz is better or your day is fail

Not really. Im just interested to see if your initial claim of 'same fuel useage' correlated with a week of real world driving. Thats all.

How you can't see that the figure £8 is totally useless is beyond me, that or your are being obstuse. If its not any business of mine then dont share the fact it was £8 less. 'Better' is a subjective term anyway, and fuel saving ability of a car is not an attribute to make any car better in the broadest of requirements. Light weight and small engine generally means noisy and slow.

Im guessing you will extract a fragment of that post above and tangentially spear off rather than taking it at the face value its presented.

Afterall, Im trying to validate if your own claim has any truth - its no wonder you're getting touchy.

Soldato
On the same footing -Ad-, I merely mentioned using them, they were dismissed purely on the name by team carbon weave, so also lacking hard facts :cool:

What's the Jazz/FN2 debate? It's been going on so long I forgot.

Soldato
What tyre test was that? Do tell. Oh I see, um so based on my current usage, a Jazz would only get 220 miles out of a tank and average about 27mpg.

Soldato
Are you trying to say im lying Jonny? Why would i lie about such a thing i would have to be a very sad individual to lie about something like that

All you need to know is the car used £8 less, you can make of that what you will as this is all because you can't seem to accept that i dont like driving a small engines car to work and back which in itself is absolutely mentalist

Noxia, as above, nathwraith claimed I was a drama queen for saying I thought a jazz was underpowered I admitted I was, queue feeding frenzy

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah yes:

i-can-typing1.gif

Suspended
All you need to know is the car used £8 less, you can make of that what you will as this is all because you can't seem to accept that i dont like driving a small engines car to work and back which in itself is absolutely mentalist

I can't make anything of that though.

I was just interested in a real world figure of using a Jazz and you cant give the miles for that 'saving' for some reason. I suspect its due to the claim you made about it using less fuel will be proved as bit melodramatic at worse?

Back
Top Bottom