Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Get an EK9 then.... oohh I went there :p

2qr6c.gif

lol syron

this. they are practically the same price as potenzas etc are they not?

Last edited:
Soldato
Nowhere near. The reviews speak for themselves too :) So lol at them all you want. I understand you won't get as many McDonald's car park points but function over form again.

Soldato
Old review is old, Race 1 Plus is not getting the same kind of reviews. Keep searching though, you might find a review slating them from someone with a 100bhp town cruiser.

Last edited:
Soldato
Old review is old, Race 1 Plus is not getting the same kind of reviews. Keep searching though, you might find a review slating them from someone with a 100bhp town cruiser.

Hello Noxia, was it not Dezi who was featured in the fast car mag this month sporting some lovely Syron tyres? And was it not these very tyres that are capable of handling 500+ bhp where as the usual Potenzas and contis can not? I seem to think that it was indeed Dezi and it was indeed Syrons on his car...

That would make you oh so very much correct and all of the "mcdonalds car park point finders" oh so very wrong now wouldnt it?

I love it when a plan comes together!

Snobery by brand.. typical of todays brand whores assuming rather than knowing.

:)

Soldato
Yes Andrew but I was reading and seeing good things before 'The Bitch' was featured with those. If people want to continue getting their wallets raped by the premium tyre brands then more fool them. Not saying other tyres are not as good, just pathetic that people write them off based on, well, nothing.

Caporegime
Tyres are all compromised in someway, it's all very well have a near slick tyre that 'can handle 500BHP' but what is its wet performance? How well does it wear? What is its handling characteristic? Bridgestones may fall down on the wet grip because they run stiff walls which help with feedback.

Soldato
Tyres are all compromised in someway, it's all very well have a near slick tyre that 'can handle 500BHP' but what is its wet performance? How well does it wear? What is its handling characteristic? Bridgestones may fall down on the wet grip because they run stiff walls which help with feedback.

The Race 1 plus is not a semi slick, the Street Race is but I cannot comment on that tyre. From speaking to Tim who "gives the car a good thrashing wet or dry", well he's still alive :) Which is a miracle considering he's not running £120+ a corner tyres :o
I find the whole tyre thing a bit tedious really, can see 10 reviews of the same tyre all with different opinions, too many variables.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is getting a little juvenile.

However within the VTEC section it is relevant to consider the scalpel approach of the car and hence how a tyre affects those attributes. The sledgehammer effect with a grippy but compliant tyre to offer the traction (with a 500bhp peak quoted but no regard to power delivery) may well negatively effect what defines the car handling ability, and its not like your typical Type R struggles for traction in all gears.

As Im assuming no one works in Tyre R&D discounting what someone else had said usings the words of someone else as your source is little more than silly. In the same way you quote 'syron' tyres where its evidently a particularly model you are refering to.

Caporegime
The Race 1 plus is not a semi slick, the Street Race is but I cannot comment on that tyre. From speaking to Tim who "gives the car a good thrashing wet or dry", well he's still alive :) Which is a miracle considering he's not running £120+ a corner tyres :o
I find the whole tyre thing a bit tedious really, can see 10 reviews of the same tyre all with different opinions, too many variables.

Too many variables indeed, so much so that calling others out for something you're guilty of!

Tyres can grip very well, but they may have sidewalls of cheese and wear quickly (Hi GS3D's) to allow this. The last two points parasitically are ones that are often overlooked by reviewers but are, for me, massively important.

Soldato
Guilty indeed. Still, better than just dismissing based on nothing at all. TOYO R1s for ever lols. Maybe if I was 22 and driving an EP3 Id be acting the same*

*Yeah you know it's true, just kidding x

Last edited:
Soldato
Ill make this easy for me and hopefully you.

What % would £8 represent in terms of a weeks fuel savings against normal cost.

haha why what is it you're trying to prove? I'll make it easier for you, you're trying to prove that a jazz is more suitable to an fn2 for commuting, is say it isn't, we will go around and around as its personal preference I couldn't commute in a car a with a small engine it irritates me, you are happy to do this, end of story

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Snobery by brand.. typical of todays brand whores assuming rather than knowing.

please tell me more about how you have just decked your car out in pilot super sports :o

I would just prefer to buy something tried and tested. Putting them on a 500BHP car means the subtotal of nothing.

someone put them on a 500BHP car and they worked well. i wonder how the same car would handle if put on more highly regarded tyres?

I don't personally see the logic in achieving 500bhp with its associated expenditure and then skimping on consumables.

It appears that Syron seem to be one of those brands that civinfo love which is great. in my experience from my fiesta ST. the ST forums sang praises of Uniroyal rain sports regarding them as the godsend for wet and dry performance, handling and grip. when in actual fact they are a truly average tyre that is easily outperformed by spending less than a tank of fuel more on your budget.

I agree that not all premium brand tyres live up to the expectations, but it does make me laugh when you see people rocking T1Rs and Uniroyals on cars where the main selling point is its handling and not its straight line capability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom