Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
Relentless Paranoia to think there is a crew* out to get him.

*crew= people who ask similar questions.

[callinsupport] Bring the rain [/callinsupport]

Soldato
As I got bullied about my tyre choice I'm going for the forum fapfest favourite that is the Eagle F1 ASY II, one less thing to get stick about, to be honest the real reason is they were a lot less money than I first thought, I think I saw the runflat price before.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would go for Bridgestone Potneza RE70. Heard nothing but good things about these.

They are what I'm going for when I get some new wheels. They are standard fit on the nurburgring edition LFA too.

Soldato
why are you so desperate to know it? Because it will mean that a jazz is better than a civic for commuting in? What is the actual purpose of you knowing the answer to the question what do you personally gain from it?

Soldato
Bloody hell Clarkely lol, don't need more doubt. Nath, I can't actually see those on Tyretraders or blackcircles, got RE50 (OEM - 225/40 R18 Y (88)) and 40 but do not see 70. Wet performance is important to me as I think it rains 11/12 months down here in Wiltshire.

Last edited:
Suspended
Bloody hell Clarkely lol, don't need more doubt. Nath, I can't actually see those on Tyretraders or blackcircles, got RE50 (OEM - 225/40 R18 Y (88)) and 40 but do not see 70. Wet performance is important to me as I think it rains 11/12 months down here in Wiltshire.

RE040 are comedy below 5 degrees or so, instant wheel spin, although I had the 'JDM' compound off a DC5.

Have Bridgestone moved to RE40 naming now on the performance stuff.

Im rolling on RE92 :cool:

Soldato

I got some and I regret it. Don't get me wrong, the grip is brilliant. Very nearly matches AD08 in the dry, and surpasses them in the wet. I just can't cope with how sloppy the car felt with them on. If you are driving a Type R then I guess you also want the car to feel sharp and responsive.. The only thing I can say in their defense is they were only 91 load rating and not XL. A higher rated and XL model might feel sharper, but I wouldn't want to take that gamble myself.

My past experience of Bridgestone tyres was good and that was only Turanzas, would not hesitate to go with a Potenza. Also, I have Pirelli PZero on the 300zx and that is a responsive steer despite having the weight of a small planet and waft spec suspension, would buy those again.

Last edited:
Permabanned
@Relentless81 , can you not buy a Porsche and go to the appropriate thread. You would be able to argue with yourself then :). jk and apologies to well off Porsche owners :)

Seriously though, I hope you don't use your Internet debating skills in real life, as you will run into a few brick walls. You may be right in what your arguing about, but if your always in childish arguments, you have to think "why always me?"

Strong minded perhaps, but sometimes in life you have to take a back seat and not bite at everything you disagree with. May be say "OK Jonny I hear your point, but my opinion is ......., lets agree to disagree and move on". Insulting people will not get you anywhere and will discredit any points your trying to make.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Back to Gruppe M vs Tegiwa intakes.

How much are second hand Gruppe M's? My Tegiwa cost £290. This came with the windscreen scuttle and the scoop all modded; I only had to install and I still have my old scuttles if I ever remove it or sell on. In my eyes, an airbox is an airbox and does a job. The quality is very road bust, solid and would have the exact same performance gains as the Gruppe M. It would be unfair to call it a cheap knock off like a fake iPhone.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I go away for one day and I once again return to this thread in carnage.

BTW I put some Nankangs on my F458 and they're superb.

/bait.

Caporegime
I have grown to like them on mine. XL version and now done 7k and they feel good. Immediate impressions were similar to you claret and my steering wheel noticed the extra internal scrub of tyre ( de ja vu with these comments I think)

Had to wind dampers up to stiffest though and the 'slack' is minimal now they have less tread and 33psi. The grip on cold wet country lanes on my 140 miles a week commute make up for their feedback shortfall. Although I wonder how much a jazz would save on this commute, that could be my ideal car.

The AD08s are softer than Bridgestones FWIW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom