Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Some crappy phone pics of the Accord after cleaning the previous owner out of it, I debadged it too

wp000325w.jpg

wp000328r.jpg

wp000332q.jpg

wp000333.jpg

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
out of interest relentless, what made you go for the accord S over the more focused type R you had previously?

Man of Honour
I have spoon stickers on my car. Not one single Spoon part though, maybe to some I seem like a idiot. It's just I like the look of them so that's why.

I've never actually found somebody admit that before - so I'm intrigued. Often see cars with, say, 'Toyo Tires' stickers but no Toyo tires, or AC Schnitzer badges yet no ACS stuff and I always wonder... why? So now I can ask you :p

Why do you think its a good look if there is nil Spoon stuff on your car?

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;23959058 said:
I've never actually found somebody admit that before - so I'm intrigued. Often see cars with, say, 'Toyo Tires' stickers but no Toyo tires, or AC Schnitzer badges yet no ACS stuff and I always wonder... why? So now I can ask you :p

Cause he likes Button Moon

Soldato
Nice Accord, welcome to the club. Do have to say i'm a bit jealous you have the 2.4L! I got the 2.0L type S 55 plate.

sorry I only just noticed this I really should stop browsing with my phone, thank you im very pleased with it, I looked at the 2.0's as an option but held out for the 2.4. Have you done anything to yours? I like it so much im considering throwing some cash at it

a few things I've noticed about it, its turning circle, grip, turn in and steering response are all really impressive for such a big barge, it goes well too. The suspension could be a little more firm and there is a bit of roll on long corners at speed but overall for a big car its quite impressive

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
wanted a bigger more comfy grown up car, the civic had over the top seats and i just didn't get in with it, should've just got the accord in the first place

fair enough. what is the car like compared to the civic?

ride quality, performance etc?

im not clued up on accords at all.

Soldato
fair enough. what is the car like compared to the civic?

ride quality, performance etc?

im not clued up on accords at all.

Its quite different, the Civic was very very annoying with the ride quality it made huge drama over the slightest bump, I thought I would get used to it but after 4 months and with the other things like getting in and out of it and the creaking/rattling I just started to get annoyed with it, why are the doors so long and the bolsters so high? Getting in and out of it in a car park makes you look a right muppet

Sitting in the Accord is like sitting in your front room, its big and comfy. It eats up bumps and pot holes but it probably is a little too soft it could do with being a little more firm, it doesnt make any noise and there isnt a rattle or squeak to be heard, the strange thing about it is it feels big and heavy when setting off but manouvering in car parks is better than the Civic. Handling is surprisingly good, turn in is excellent and grip is really good obviously its not as good as the Civic at speed but for a big barge it really is impressive

Gearbox has a slightly shorter throw on the Civic but the Accord is typical Honda and still great to change gears, the performance is there but its dumbed down, the car is so smooth and quiet that when putting your foot down you wont realise how fast you are going until you look at the speedo

a lot of it is because I'm getting on a bit, about five years plus ago I would have preffered the Civic but I've always had a soft spot for these and only bought the Civic through conveniance so its nice to have owned an FN2 for a few months but also just as nice to have gotten my money back and got the car I really wanted

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
cool, glad youre happy with it.

will be interested to hear more when you have lived with it longer. it certainly looks to be a very nice car.

i may have to have a drive of valkias car now :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23959058 said:

It depends on who finds it to be a good look and who doesn't. I've seen on the forums, many with spoon parts, be it replica or real but never any spoon stickers, unless it's meant to be a replica.

I haven't looked into it yet but I'm going to see if there are any Spoon parts for the H22A engine, I'm hoping there are as the engine is also in the Euro-R which was sold in Japan.

I only have 3 stickers. I'll be giving the engine rocker cover a refurb to the classic 'yellow' paint which Spoon uses.

To be honest I can't justify having the stickers as in reality there isn't really any need, they don't add any performance to my car or anything else. I just like Spoon, I like what they do with the Hondas. That's the simplest form of explanation I can give.

On my commute I see a E39 BMW with a ACS badge on back. It's on a '99 so did they make them and import them here? The exhaust is only thing which to me makes me think it is a real one, although it is dark in the morning so can't add anymore to my viewing of it.

I'm sure I'll get stick on the RR for having stickers. :p

EDIT: Relentless what made you get the Accord over the Corolla TS as I thought you'd be getting one again? How much did you buy it for?

I was looking at some before I bought my ATR.

Back
Top Bottom