Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
It depends on who finds it to be a good look and who doesn't. I've seen on the forums, many with spoon parts, be it replica or real but never any spoon stickers, unless it's meant to be a replica.

I haven't looked into it yet but I'm going to see if there are any Spoon parts for the H22A engine, I'm hoping there are as the engine is also in the Euro-R which was sold in Japan.

I only have 3 stickers. I'll be giving the engine rocker cover a refurb to the classic 'yellow' paint which Spoon uses.

To be honest I can't justify having the stickers as in reality there isn't really any need, they don't add any performance to my car or anything else. I just like Spoon, I like what they do with the Hondas. That's the simplest form of explanation I can give.

On my commute I see a E39 BMW with a ACS badge on back. It's on a '99 so did they make them and import them here? The exhaust is only thing which to me makes me think it is a real one, although it is dark in the morning so can't add anymore to my viewing of it.

I'm sure I'll get stick on the RR for having stickers. :p

EDIT: Relentless what made you get the Accord over the Corolla TS as I thought you'd be getting one again? How much did you buy it for?

I was looking at some before I bought my ATR.

Spoon seems to just be rebadged stuff, bracing, mirrors, wheels, radiators, just with added Spoon tax.

Soldato
cool, glad youre happy with it.

will be interested to hear more when you have lived with it longer. it certainly looks to be a very nice car.

i may have to have a drive of valkias car now :p

No worries will do, Valkia's will be exactly the same to drive in most situations so definitely worth it if he'll let you :)

EDIT: Relentless what made you get the Accord over the Corolla TS as I thought you'd be getting one again? How much did you buy it for?

I would have no problem getting another CTS if I couldnt find an Accord, my hunt was in the order of

Accord Type-S was the primary choice but the most difficult to find
Mazda 3 MPS but this option had its concerns
Corolla T-Sport but as I'd already had one it would have had to have been a really good one and quite local

Just watched my ATR being driven away by its new owner. I'm quite sad about that. :(

I wonder if you'll still feel sad when you drive away in your new car

I bought a Spoon air filter once, it was a Honda OEM filter sprayed yellow and cost me £60, what a moron I was, same goes for the titanium gear knob

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I wonder if you'll still feel sad when you drive away in your new car
It is a good car. Maybe it's the fact that I know deep down that I will more than likely never own a hot Honda again, who knows. But you raise a good point, first bit of open road in the Evo and I'm sure the frown will be gone!

Soldato
By R&D they will just take off the shelf products and find what works best and give it a Spoon sticker. Certain parts like brakes, suspension will just have their chose settings.

Wow, thanks for your input! I never knew that. I thought they made their products from scratch.

Are Mugen the same, as well as other tuners? They just apply parts which they think work for what they want the car to do?

Soldato
Spoon compete where the rules are that you cannot make significant changes to the cars engine so as said they find out what works best with what the rules allow them to do if that makes any sense

If you want a better explanantion go on Speedhunters and search for Spoon

Caporegime
Wow, thanks for your input! I never knew that. I thought they made their products from scratch.

Are Mugen the same, as well as other tuners? They just apply parts which they think work for what they want the car to do?

Brakes, Suspension, Alloys, Steering Wheel, LSDs, Gears is rebadged. Body kit, roll bars and exhaust seems to all be their own. All the B-series ECUs appear to be the same too with lowered 5.8k VTEC and same 9k redline across the brands. That's for B-Series cars, not much up on the K series Type-R's

Back
Top Bottom