Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
Random question how - much oil does an fn2 k20 need for an oil change? I've read everything from 4.4 to 5.2l. Just dictates if I need to buy an extra litre!

4.7l including filter. Realistically you can put in 5l which will take it around 2mm above the max marker on the dip stick which is fine (incidentally also recommended to slightly overfill when on track).

Soldato
Does anyone know of anyone who might be interested in selling their FN2 standard 18's?

I've been lurking on Civinfo but missed out on a set because I couldnt get to the money with it being bank holiday

Soldato
Does anyone know of anyone who might be interested in selling their FN2 standard 18's?

I've been lurking on Civinfo but missed out on a set because I couldnt get to the money with it being bank holiday

Ive pondered changing my wheels (for rotas or pro race 1.2s) but it depends what I can get for them, and I might also be changing jobs soon to something where an obviously modified car might not be a good idea.

Think the 18s will look good on the Accord though if you can find a set!

Don

If you do replace your current alloys with a set of FN2s, I could be interested in your existing set..

Soldato
Ive pondered changing my wheels (for rotas or pro race 1.2s) but it depends what I can get for them, and I might also be changing jobs soon to something where an obviously modified car might not be a good idea.

Think the 18s will look good on the Accord though if you can find a set!

If you want to take it to email I'm interested in a price but it all depends on the condition and the tyres, I'm only in Stockport so not too far. I want to stay OEM as I think they will look good but it has to be a cheap upgrade because if it works out too expensive I will be considering a set of Rota Torque's or Pro Race 1.2's too

If you do replace your current alloys with a set of FN2s, I could be interested in your existing set..

No worries, they'll be for sale when I replace them but its a matter of when, I beleive they are Enkie and the same as the Euro-R and similar to DC5 DC5 OEM wheels maybe the same, they look great but too small for the Accords Universe sized arches

Soldato
Update;

Mechanic told me that the woodruff key area of the crank pulley had worn out. Crank rods seem to be fine so that's a relief. Only problem is buying the pulley. Honda want lolmoney for it and only other place I know has to order them in.

Associate
One of my favourite roundabouts at 28s, think I've seen you about in your car. :)

So is that Martelius manifold or just exhaust?

Sadly not mine buddy, but come June/July thats what mine will sound like :D

The guy in the video has manifold and catback. Been out in one today with a standard manifold + Martelius catback and that was loud, so cant even begin to imagine what the car in the video sounds like in real life. For me its liveable as I rarely travel long distance on motorways, mainly town driving.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
That sounds properly obnoxious :( It's amazing just how many crap sounding exhausts are available for Civics.

agreed. too high pitched. i have noticed a lot of FN2 systems sound a lot tinnier than the ones i have heard for the ep3.
they all seem a deeper tone.

So is that Martelius manifold or just exhaust?

the manifold isnt available yet as AM has the test unit.
im assuming it will just be a catback, but judging the sound, i would imagine it may have a race mani of some description.

Still doesnt beat the sound of a nice V6 or flat-four

or the sound of a k20 with a decent exhaust system strapped to it :p

Don
Well, it didn't take long for me to find a replacement car. It isn't a Type-R, or even a Type-S, but it does share the same 2.4L VTEC engine and all of the toys. I present to you my cheap luxo-barge:

2hhhsom.jpg

r8xmbs.jpg

Soldato
Looks like the 2.4 executive? Great purchase but why petrol? Did you try the diesel? Also looks to be bought from an Asisn fellow? Hoping it was maintained right. How much?

Back
Top Bottom