Type R and VTEC owners

Don
Looks like the 2.4 executive? Great purchase but why petrol? Did you try the diesel? Also looks to be bought from an Asisn fellow? Hoping it was maintained right. How much?

Yep, it's a 2.4 executive with Nav & auto box.

My average mileage is less than 2k miles a year, a Diesel definitely doesn't make sense with that :) I bought it from a dude in Newbury, more of a metal-head than Asian and has previously owned DC2s, EP3s etc.

Lots of service history, paid £2000 for it.

Nice cars but thirsty.

:)

wafty :D

are the alloys standard?

I think the alloys are standard, the colour isn't

Soldato
Yep, it's a 2.4 executive with Nav & auto box.

My average mileage is less than 2k miles a year, a Diesel definitely doesn't make sense with that :) I bought it from a dude in Newbury, more of a metal-head than Asian and has previously owned DC2s, EP3s etc.

Lots of service history, paid £2000 for it.

:)

I think the alloys are standard, the colour isn't

I was thinking it would be around the £2k mark. Great purchase!

Don
Is that the one that was advertised as a Type S over on CTRO?

It's quite possible as it does have a Type-S badge on the back, I found it advertised elsewhere though. It certainly isn't a Type-S and wasn't sold as such to me :)

[Edit] Just had a look over on CTRO and can't see it advertised?

Last edited:
Don
My mate had the auto Accord with the K24 and got significantly MPG than I was getting out of my EP3 at the time.

It's going to be car specific really. I averaged 35mpg out of the Integra during day-to-day use, I expect to get significantly less than this out of the Accord. Some people have experienced much worse economy out of their Integra's.

Soldato
I've been browsing RHDJapan and seen the Mugen Airbox intake for the Accord CL1. It would cost me around £740 with shipping, but is it worth it? I'd be stupid to spend that much money on that but it looks great.

I also won a K&N Typhoon on the bay for £132 all in. Looks to be in great nick and has proven gains on my car.

Third option is I could revert back to the standard airbox, would cost around £110 all in.

Man of Honour
OP
Why don't you spend that money on sorting your car out, give it a good service or suspension refresh etc? What airbox is in it now?

Man of Honour
OP
Put the standard box back on and remove the resonator, you won't get much better than that except a CAI but that'll be more expensive.

I'm not sure how much standard suspension is but I was looking at Bilsteins for mine, fixed height with a little drop over stock and £600 IIRC. You could also look into replacing some of the bushes. Either option should breathe new life into an old and possibly tired car.

I certainly wouldn't be spending 35-40% of the cars value on an airbox.

Soldato
4.7l including filter. Realistically you can put in 5l which will take it around 2mm above the max marker on the dip stick which is fine (incidentally also recommended to slightly overfill when on track).

Thanks! Got it booked in for a change next week, labour charge is only 22.50 from place im using (taking my own oil/filter/sump nut). Hardly worth the faff to DIY!

Soldato
My mate had the auto Accord with the K24 and got significantly MPG than I was getting out of my EP3 at the time.

Coolio, but I've owned both and watched it over the same commute and the Accord's trip computer is averaging around 3MPG more than the FN2's trip computer

Still looking for FN2 wheels

Vita the Typhoon is tried and tested on you car, if you've got hold of a decent one then fit and enjoy

Soldato
I expect the gearing in the Accord is much longer than the civic?

Gotta say I was surprised at how low geared the fn2 seems - total opposite to the s2000 which had surprisingly long gears! An S2k will hit 71mph before needing third if you're really going for it. I suppose the fn2 ctr and s2000 are very different cars, but still...1st is almost useless in the civic, in the s2000 though you can find plenty of use for first gear apart from merely pulling awaym

Associate
Really struggling to find a decent EP3 for sale. Been looking daily for weeks now. Anybody know of any good cars? I get the impression that a lot of them are hiding something. The car seems to attract the wrong sort!

Back
Top Bottom