Type R and VTEC owners

Managed to grab some mint premier edition recaros.
Loads better than the standard ep3 seats.
Very happy indeed

20130406_124021.jpg

20130406_124134.jpg

20130406_132100.jpg

20130406_132105.jpg

20130406_132541.jpg

20130406_132605-1.jpg

Nice, upgrading seats can massively change how the car feels to drive!

And I assume they are the same as ATR seats which are lovely to sit in!

Bet they cost you a few quid though?

Nice, upgrading seats can massively change how the car feels to drive!

And I assume they are the same as ATR seats which are lovely to sit in!

Bet they cost you a few quid though?

Its a huge difference Tbh. They felt about the same weight as the standard seat so no weight saving, but they are in much better condition than the seats in my car before.
They are trend line seats so used in quite a few cars. Civics, accords, Clio trophy, evos and I believe prodrive used them as a Subaru seat too.
I decided not to bother after a while of looking but these popped up for £500 which although expensive, I'm fairly certain I won't lose much if anything when I want to shift them on.

I really like the leg support and the additional lumbar support they offer.

The biggest upside for me is that they go back to the original position when you tilt the seat forward for rear seat passengers. The standard seats go bolt upright and need readjusting which is especially annoying on the drivers seat.

Cheers mate.

Cant believe Im saying this, especially after the above post I made but Im having a fight with myself...

2007 Civic Type-R GT with 19" Rage alloys + GP kit
Or
2008 Vauxhall Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition

Something about that VXR test drive keeps drawing me back, so so fun. Though I still think the Civic is the better overall package. Aghhh, cant decide :(

[-]
Torque steer, it really is as bad as they say
Steering, felt numb and unconnected
Exterior, dull and uninspiring
Interior, dull and ininspring
It's an Astra
It's a Vauxhall

Caught in the monent I really did have fun and almost convinced myself I preferred it to a Type-R. However you soon realise much of the fun is the fact that youre fighting the torque steer and numb steering, coupled with understeer and a chassis that doesnt inspire confidence.

Conclusion, I can see the attraction but for those who have experienced better handling perfornance cars will not be convinced by the sole party trick of a 2.0 Turbo strapped to an undeserving chassis.

Cant believe Im saying this, especially after the above post I made but Im having a fight with myself...

2007 Civic Type-R GT with 19" Rage alloys + GP kit
Or
2008 Vauxhall Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition

Something about that VXR test drive keeps drawing me back, so so fun. Though I still think the Civic is the better overall package. Aghhh, cant decide :(
I'm confused? Surely it's a no brainer after what you wrote above? Trust me, the Turbo novelty will wear off, especially when you realise you can't make the same progress as you can in the Civic.

Managed to grab some mint premier edition recaros.
Loads better than the standard ep3 seats.
Very happy indeed

WIN! :cool:

Probably the best 'mod' I've done to mine, so much more comfortable and supportive. Certainly made the journey home from Nottingham to collect them more pleasurable. :)

Should have been standard in all EP3's imo.

Oh, and Hutchy, just buy the Civic, you know it makes sense. ;)

after looking at lots of FN2s recently - decided to compare and contrast by looking at a 07 plate Golf GTI yesterday

to say I was disappointed (interior wise) was an understatement - not sure what I was expecting -but something a cut above the FN2 - to me though I thought the FN2 interior was superior

Back
Top Bottom