Type R and VTEC owners

Is the Skunk2 really worth it guys? Really tempted to get one for the FN2!

Buy it for aesthetics, enjoy the slightly heavier feel second. It's £45 for a lump of metal with a branded logo on it tbh.

I had one on my first EP3, but I can't be bothered to get one this time around. I'm a bit anti-Skunk2 these days anyway after the whole rebranded parts fiasco and the way they presented themselves online as a company.

firstly. Taken, your new sig is superb.

secondly. its a gearknob. im genuinely not that fussed. it looks smart enough.

im sure if i had an FD2 and put a pic of the interior up, nobody would be saying "Nice FD2 m8, shame you dont have an EP3 gear knob though lol"

firstly. Taken, your new sig is superb.

secondly. its a gearknob. im genuinely not that fussed. it looks smart enough.

im sure if i had an FD2 and put a pic of the interior up, nobody would be saying "Nice FD2 m8, shame you dont have an EP3 gear knob though lol"

Thank Muffin ;)

I only want the Skunk2 to try and improve the shift on the FN2. The weight helps apparantly.. £50 is a bit :eek: though!

Anybody have any experience using a short shifter of any kind? Looking at the Tegiwa and Japspeed ones for a 2008 model.

Waste of money IMO. Scour Civic Info for reviews/feedback.

Some serious lack of eco thinking around here

_MG_3956.jpg

_MG_3963.jpg

Anybody have any experience using a short shifter of any kind? Looking at the Tegiwa and Japspeed ones for a 2008 model.

I'm happy with the short shifter on my EP3, bit pricey, but so is everything it seems. It's certainly not too short, just about right, I'd say. The difference is noticeable though, easier to fit than them pesky solid bushes too! :mad:

However, all of the above is of no use to you anyway since it's different to the FN2 shifter. ;)

I have the Japspeed (cheap cheap cheap) short shifter kit to go on my car, I haven't yet got round to the level of bravery required to install it though...lots and lots of plastic needs to come out!

The FN2 gearshift is pretty damn good already though, I struggle to justify the £200 odd required for the likes of the Tegiwa, TDI North or Mugen shortshifters.....£200 is better spelt elsewhere on the FN2 in my view, suspension for a start, which will be my next mod of any real significance!

EDIT: I lied about the last part, also getting a Miltek :D

Last edited:
Crank pulley arrived, dropped all the parts off to the garage. Hopefully tomorrow it will be sorted, new pulley, belts, sump, oil change (gearbox too), new gaskets (rockercover, vtec solenoid) seals etc..

I can't wait!

the other half is looking to get a facelift ep2 is there anything we should be looking out for when viewing the car? She's looking to spend around £3500 max, possible to get a decent one for around this price?

Back
Top Bottom