Type R and VTEC owners

I have been delivered a 60 plate Civic Type R today, as my golf GTi (MK5) has gone in for repairs (long story). Apparently this car is an upgrade to the Golf (as accident exchange did't have one), anyway, just a quick question, what is the deal with the USB slot in the centre armrest? Apparently there should be some connector cable that is Honda exclusive to then connect my iPod up to, which of course being a hire car, there isn't! Can I pick one up cheap, as the repairs will take about 3 weeks?

Thanks

Anyone please??

Looks like I'll be back in the Type R fold as of next week, this time in an Accord. Found a buyer for my S2000, another French dude, hes coming to collect the car next week. A year and a half of ownership and I sold it for £100 less than I paid, result!

I have spent the last couple of weeks viewing and test driving a load of 182's and 172's, all seemed to have issues or problems that put me off. Interiors falling to pieces, patchy service history, no reciepts or proof of cambelt change. Found them good fun to to drive but I just wasn't really feeling "it".

A local ATR came up on Gumtree, 2001 facelift (no synchro issues) in HNB with 89k and only two owners. FSH with a recent cambelt change inluding tensioners and a new water pump. Interior is absolutely immaculate and also has the added bonus of the rare red and black recaros and momo steering wheel. Full years MOT with no advisories and a few months tax.

Exterior wise the alloys need refurbished and the front splitter needs re painted, it also has an unbranded single exit exhaust fitted, it's fairly quiet and doesn't drone but I'm not keen on the looks so might consider replacing it with a mongoose system at some point.

Had a budget of 3k to spend and ended up getting it for £2100 so I've got a bit of cash left over to deal with any issues that may pop up. Felt quite a similar drive to my DC2 which I loved so looking foward to getting to know the car better. As gutted as I am to be selling my S2000 I'm still strangely excited at the prospect of a new (old) car.

A year and a half of ownership and I sold it for £100 less than I paid, result!

Had a budget of 3k to spend and ended up getting it for £2100

Not a bad result that, keep us updated on that ATR, Interested to know how you get on with it.

Just a shame they didn't bring the CL7 Euro R (Jap Type R) Accord over here, Would love to get one if they wasn't so highly priced.

I gave up trying to find Regamaster EVOs' :( There's some SSR Type C's on the Bay and just up the road but the spec doesn't line up with what was officially released :/

I think it's going to have to be OEM alloys for us both

I would be happy to get S2k but paying 1600f insurance for car that will do less than 2000 miles a year is just stupid.

Besides that some nice roof for s2ks cost **** loads of moneys :/
image.php

I am totally in love in S2k with spoon roof. For myself biggest flaw of s2k is that its soft top. I am not into leaking soft top cars especially when we get 2 sunny weks a year LOL.

I am totally in love in S2k with spoon roof. For myself biggest flaw of s2k is that its soft top. I am not into leaking soft top cars especially when we get 2 sunny weks a year LOL.

If the roof is cared for you wont get leaks. My most enjoyable and memorable drives in my S2k have been with the roof down. Granted we don't get great weather all the time but when its nice it just makes it all the more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom