Type R and VTEC owners

:p

I bought it as a mile muncher for which it's very good at. Yes it has higher running costs and purchase price than the 2L Zetec but I wanted something more rewarding dor drive and look at than a 2L Zetec. It was a great car overall, it didn't really go wrong apart from one or two niggles, but it is a ticking time bomb with the DMF and Injectors. But god, the engine, off the motorway it's just crap, the noise, the power delivery - all of it; hateful thing.

I sold it as I could:

a) Insure something better
b) Afford to run something better
c) I didn't need to do that many miles

So I spunked it all on a 13 year old lemon :cool:

Thanks for that. I bought it on the same reason that I need a mile muncher. Which it's great at, and again I have to agree off the motorway the engine is pants.

I miss the ATR. If I wasn't doing a lot of miles, I would have kept mine and would have done a engine rebuild. The bodywork was great for it's age.

Yeah it's not a bad car, I'd always recommend one over the competition but you have to be on the ball with the engine, if you're handy with a spanner then you're laughing really.

Speaking of Honda rebuilds (very 'in' at the moment) you can get a new Teg engine from Spoon for 3.8k: http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/pr...tegra-dc2/b18c-1-8ltr-blueprinted-engine.html

With 7% off this could cover the shipping, wish I'd have known!

Yeah it's not a bad car, I'd always recommend one over the competition but you have to be on the ball with the engine, if you're handy with a spanner then you're laughing really.

Speaking of Honda rebuilds (very 'in' at the moment) you can get a new Teg engine from Spoon for 3.8k: http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/pr...tegra-dc2/b18c-1-8ltr-blueprinted-engine.html

With 7% off this could cover the shipping, wish I'd have known!

Y U NO MENTION BE4?!?!

Someone would be bonkers to spend 3.8k,but think of the JDM points.

Great cars are Hondas. IT's difficult to find a good one unless it's properly been maintained by a true enthusiast. Unfortunately they're now falling into the VTEC innit bruv crew.

The one EP3 I used to see on my daily drive has now been shunted from the front and his mugen grille is broken. Damn my ATR was a great car.

Why did I even enter into this thread. :(

Custom centre caps arrived...hopefully getting the wheels fitted next Saturday, but they might have to wait!

i0OTfJk.jpg.png

Did a longish drive this weekend, can confirm the Mugen suspension and proper front end geo transforms the handling and steering feel on the FN2, generally its pretty darned chuckable now, and I think it will improve further with the lighter wheels, which will also effectively increase the cars track by 26mm due to the different offset too. Happy :cool:.

Nice! I need caps. Where did you source those?

The caps themselves are universal 60mm ones, 5.95 including postage for a set of 4 from eBay - they are pretty much identical to the buddy club ones.

The gel badges were done by DMB graphics, they will make up badges to alnost any design. I have bought loads of stuff from them over time, great quality.

Well last weekend i sorted my rear brakes out.
Total time 17 hours with two bleeding rounds painting and stuff.
602999_671648746184316_257481892_n.jpg

That was never taken out since factory to get handbrake pin going i bad to bang the ****er for 2 hours with hammer and loads of wd40.

292690_671650486184142_1309613513_n.jpg

Sorted with Motul 5.1 better than it ever was :D

My rear driver side caliper is sticking and I was tempted to try whipping them off myself (do both sides) but after seeing the above photos I think I'll pay someone else to do it. ;)

My rear driver side caliper is sticking and I was tempted to try whipping them off myself (do both sides) but after seeing the above photos I think I'll pay someone else to do it. ;)

You should definately do it yourself, whilst you're at it you might aswell cover everything in sight with paint.

Just slap it on m8.

Muffin`Ye full rebuild with honda kits like i did fronts last summer :)
I ho have axle stands but they are to high !!!! If i jack car high enough to put it under WHOLE SIDE of the car is in the air.

When i was spraying my wheels my ITR almost fell on ground from 4 axle stands cause of that.

So i use bricks now :p

202625_526231377392721_1744075674_o.jpg

Not rocket science is it ?? And costs 30f/caliper :P

btw is it ok to hotlink stuff in this topic ??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom