Type R and VTEC owners

No worries I'm in no rush, let me know if you want to have a look, its a straight car with plenty of history and 50K miles on the clock, last owner for 6 years

If I want more power I can always super charge it rather than go through the hassle of selling and finding a decent MPS, I would be pretty mad to sell it and the GF will literally rip off my scrotum and feed it to me

Cheers

Took more pics of the FN2 with new wheels on...zero artistry but at least I can get the whole car in shot without something in the way, the same can't be said taking pics on my drive :p

ZiGmzvk.jpg

Axdg84U.jpg

4jwsEfu.jpg

Still liking them...think from profile view they'd look better with slightly thicker spokes, and I want a big 4 pot front brake kit now the brakes are so obvious as well...but way better than standard to my eyes.

This is with a 10mm front and 5mm rear drop as per Mugens suspension kit. I dont want to go any lower asalthough it would look better if the back came down a bit, it would just be so impractical...the FN2 lacks ground clearance as standard, as it is now I can ground out the 'b pipe' bit of the exhaust on a big dip in a city centre road unless I slow right down to walking pace :(. With the absence of any jacking point covers and a fixed side skirt I couldn't even get my two trolley jacks under it at the standard ride height, it needs the scissor jack to lift it a bit first, a real pain...

How late we talking? I've heard not at all but not late.

As late as 7k, varies... Never has before.

What car is it?

EP3 CTR

12610251.jpg

check your oil?

/edit my bad on the typo :p

Will do whilst it is still light.

Last edited:
Yeah think it could have been lack of oil. How much can/should I put in if its at the bottom? :/

running low oil on a k20 should be number one on your list of things not to do.

I would suggest doing a full change, get fresh oil in there, and make sure it is filled to the top marker on the dipstick.

then check your oil once a week like you're supposed to and make sure the oil level stays there.

when was the last time you changed your oil?

running low oil on a k20 should be number one on your list of things not to do.

I would suggest doing a full change, get fresh oil in there, and make sure it is filled to the top marker on the dipstick.

then check your oil once a week like you're supposed to and make sure the oil level stays there.

when was the last time you changed your oil?

To be honest I've not done it for at least a month, possibly two, haven't been able to afford to get oil and I've had a lot on my mind recently so I've been lazy. Seems ok now I've topped it up, although I only hit Vtec twice on the way to work this morning.

I've been driving very economically for the last couple of tanks for fuel so hadn't been hitting vtec because I've been brassic.

I have Castrol Edge 5w/30 in mine. Hope that's also ok :/
Thats normal, most move over to 5w40 as itll stop burning as quick and the fuchs mentioned is also very good.

As for the vtec point, oil level needs to be between the points as a minimum and if that doesnt solve the issue then it could just mean you need a new oil filter as pressure can be affected when these are at the end of their use.

Ye next time im getting that oil to see how it burns :D
I am testing allot of different oils and
Motul 6100 Synergie+ so far lasted longest time :)
Atm i am on second 5 litre can of CARLUBE TRIPLE R 10W-60 FULLY SYNTHETIC
I bet Muffin`knows something about B18C loving to drink oil. As long aas i drive below 5k rpm it does iles and miles without adding up. Once i get on motorway and pass 5200rpm it goes hahahaha last time at Donington they ware thinking something is wrong with my itr hahaahahah.

But its not worth to rebuild engine that does 1500miles a year lol

Last edited:
Didn't know traffic light cameras doubled up as speed cameras.

I am screwed, I've obtained 6 points in a matter of months. I'm going to have 9 total now.

That's my potential driving career screwed. Whats insurance like with a person with 9 points.

What car and which belt?

On the DC2, the alternator belt goes around an engine mount, so it's a bit more work than the other two.

Might as well get all the aux belts changed. They'll be ~£8-10 per belt, one hour tops fitting.

Back
Top Bottom